08| Solar

08. Solar

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE TEENAGE DRAMA WASN'T FORGOTTEN AS OF NOW — but the Marauders had bigger issues to worry about at this time. Unlike most students they had to watch the lunar cycle closely. It was coming up to this cycle's full moon. It wasn't an event to be celebrated nor an event to be feared. It was a worrying time for all five of them. Eleanor hadn't spoken to the boys in a short while. That was because they were always in each other's presence. Most places Sirius went during the school day, James followed. On the rare occasion that he was with Angelica. Eleanor only spent a short amount of time with them. Not feeling enthusiastic about third wheeling when her own situation was quite saddening.

      The situation wouldn't have stopped her from turning up when her friends needed her. She made a promise as soon as she had become an animagus in their third year. The morning started off like no other, but she headed towards the boys fifth year dorms. Before wandering up the stairs she disabled any charm that the school had put on the staircase. A spell taught to her by Dumbledore himself so she could nurse Remus Lupin at any given time. With her goodie bag in her left arm and a few classic muggle literature in her right. She smiled finding the boy she was looking for snuggled up under the covers, awake. He looked like he hadn't slept a wink in the previous night.

      Dropping the books on his nightstand she sat beside him coming her best friend's hair back as he offered her a dozy smile. Eleanor ignored the rest of the boys who were rustling about trying to get ready as quietly as possible. Obviously, being themselves they weren't very successful. Eleanor was facing away from them, but she lost count of time one of the three pounded against the floorboards causing her to jump or drop something they were trying to pick up.

      "Remus, darling. How are you doing?" Her question was silly. Eleanor still felt the responsibility to even ask because it was the kind thing to do. It meant that she cares.

      "Obviously he feels like absolute crap." Sirius being the arrogant diva they all know and love added his own two cents.

      "I wasn't asking you, dickhead." Eleanor bit back in a whisper. Her bitter tone was still very evident as she spoke to him. Not even turning to look at the scruffy haired boy. Soon enough her focus was back on Remus as he grunted out a low reply.

      "Like Sirius said, I feel like shit." Eleanor let out a laugh. Remus hardly ever swore which surprised the girl. It did make sense though as he was in an unfathomable amount of pain at this time of the cycle. All she could do was return a sympathetic smile.

      "I'm sorry. I wish I could take away the pain for you. I would stay too, but sadly I cannot escape Minnie's wrath." Eleanor nodded slightly before saying her goodbyes. Directing them towards the bed-ridden boy. Not at the trio who were collecting their belongings to leave. She hadn't realised the three were planning to leave with her.