02. Quidditch

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

02. Quidditch

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

          — It had been almost a week, the small incident that never really crossed anyones mind was almost forgotten. There was still part of Eleanor's mind that could not rid itself of the feelings the blonde had on her first day of school. Over the past week, Eleanor discovered a new hidden talent, acting. She believed that she was quite good at it, at least she thought so. This talent stems from the fact that Eleanor was actively coping with James Potter's mere existence. When he stopped to talk to her Eleanor didn't run. No matter how much she was plagued to do so. She acted as if everything was fine. When in reality, it wasn't. The recent events left the present doubt whether Eleanor wanted to salvage their friendship, or not. Each time she went running back to him, she was left in the dust. He was a constant reminder of her feelings that would never be returned. Her hopes were always raised before they were crushed. It was a repetitive cycle she was stuck in.

Sirius Black now knew about Eleanor's lasting feelings held towards his best mate. He had to work up the courage to confront her. When he did, she broke down in front of him. Admitting her feelings and feeling relatively better afterwards. She felt a weight was lifted off of her shoulders with this confession. It was a wave of relief. The consequence was no different than what one would expect from Sirius Black. He worked day and night in an attempt to rid Eleanor of her sadness. The result was a stronger bond between the raven-haired boy and the blonde he continued to cheer up.

With Eleanor spending more time with the reckless boy she developed similar attributes to him. Many nights since the beginning of term, Sirius and Eleanor were often located with a certain Hufflepuff they all knew at the top of the Astronomy Tower late into the night. Breaking the school-enforced curfew was one of the rules broken. The other was smoking on the school grounds was another offence. Some would argue that it was the worse of the two. The established attitude between the group was that it was only bad if they were caught. Until then, they would be reckless teenagers under the moonlight.

Without James' invisibility cloak, they were increasingly more prone to being caught by the prefects and staff that patrolled the halls at night. This hypothesis was proven true when the three were caught within a few days. All three were rewarded with a week's worth of detentions. They still didn't show a care, it was their only escape from their individual problems that would return when day broke.

The unspoken rules between the group were simple. Firstly, no speaking about their nightly adventures during the day as no one should know. Secondly, there was to be no talk of their constant reality when they gathered every evening. These rules were not followed all of the time, especially when it came to Eleanor. What was she supposed to do? Care.

Tonight, Eleanor had hoped to arrive at their meeting place a tad earlier than usual. Hoping for some time alone. Today hadn't been the best, school was harder than she left. Sleeping less hours a night was impacting her mental health, but it was her quiet time and she didn't want that to change. Less time with Lily the better. Lighting a cigarette, Eleanor took a deep breath as she looked out over Hogwarts grounds dangling her legs over the side as she sat in silence. Finishing her first stick of the night she wasn't alone for long as Sirius and Angelica spooked her from behind.

Settling into their usual night routine, Eleanor rolled her eyes at Sirius' failed attempt at flirting. This was not uncommon from the boy as he did this in hopes to impress Angelica.In a quick movement, Eleanor released her hair from the ponytail it was trapped in all day. Tonight, like most nights in the past week Eleanor was still the confidant who knew about Sirius and Angelica's secret relationship.