07| Wishful Thinking

07. Wishful Thinking

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE KISS WAS SWEET LIKE HONEY.— Eleanor enjoyed the meer seconds that it had lasted. It hadn't lasted as long as Eleanor had hoped. Giving into her buried feelings she hadn't realised what she was actually doing. Before she could even register what happened, James Potter broke the kiss. He pulled away in a fluster. Unsure of what to say about the oddly reassuring moment the pair of them had just shared. Eleanor's mind was blank, she had just completed stage one of her dream, but right now it didn't feel like a reality. The only surrounding noise was the whistle of the wind as it passed through the trees. Coughing to try and ease the tension, James tried to string together the right words to say.

"So... that was something." James spoke in a subtle whisper. He didn't really want to be the first one to speak his thoughts. Eleanor didn;t even know how to address the situation. James didn't know anything about her feelings towards him. He didn't know how long she had dreamed about kissing him, and now wasn't the time to acknowledge that. When she had agreed to join him, or well was forced to join him. She had never expected to end up in such a compromising position.

So, with neither of the teens wanting to address the situation at hand. They were left with a thick layer of awkward tension in the air. The unsettled butterflies in Eleanors stomach were still doing sumersaults in her belly. Reminding her about how much she liked the scruffy-haired boy and how much her feelings grew day in and day out. On the other hand, James Potter didn't know how to feel about the kiss. It awakened something inside of him. It scrambled his thoughts. Tipping them on their head, well... On his head. James Potter had spent all of his time at Hogwarts he had be persuing Lily Evans. He didn't like this feeling that Eleanor gave him because he was meant to love Lily. Eleanor isn't Lily.

Eleanor liked the kiss, buit she did not like the consequences that followed. An example being the crumbling relationship between the two culprits that would take weeks to build again. At least so they could be comfortable in each other's presence. Not being able to take the looming silence any longer. Eleanor frantically packed her belongings up, shoving things so they could fit in her satchel. Hoping that she could soon locate one of her friends that would be willing to console her about the current situation.

"I'm gonna go... I guess? See you when I see you?" Eleanor squeaked out in a single breath after all her belongings were packed. Afterwards she scutled off in the direction of the castle. Leaving a very confused James Potter under an Ashes tree. His mind is still a whirlwind. He was supposed to love Lily.

Angelica, Leia and Remus were all sitting on a bench located outside of the transfiguration classroom. They had noticed a very flustered Gryffindor hustle by, one they knew as their friend. If it wasn't for Leia calling out the trio all shared the same thought that Eleanor wouldn't have noticed them. Eleanor was overwhelmed, it was obvious. Her emotions were starting to eat away at her soul. She felt as if tears would burst from her eyes if she slowed for a second.

"El... are you okay?" Were the first words that Eleanor processed once she took a seat beside Angelica.

"Yes..? No? Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Today has been something else." Eleanor spoke as she let out a sigh. Trying to catch her breath from all the pacing.

"What happened now? Was it Sirius?" Eleanor let out a chuckle at Leia's words. She wished that it was Sirius, at least she knew that he would never kiss her. She smiled at Leia, appreciating her kind and compassionate tone that seeped through her words. It gave an ounce of comfort when she needed it the most.

"James kissed me...'' Eleanor expressed taking the three of them by suprise. Leaving Eleanor a blushing mess as she reminisced about the simple moment that they had shared minutes ago.

"He did what?" Angelica squealed in an unexpecting tone. Eleanor was with three people that had witnessed first-hand how she felt about the boy. They had never expected anything to happen between Eleanor and the chaser. Well, not so soon. They all knew that James would end his cluelessness and come to his senses. Maybe that was just wishfull thinking. That was before he started to realise today. Little did they know, this was going to be a minor setback in the relationship between the pair of courageous Gryffindors.

Meanwhile, James hadn't moved. It was like he had been frozen in place. He was still questioning why Eleanor had kissed him? Or why she had kissed back?There were so many questions, none paired with an answer. He was left to his own devices in the cooling spring breeze and his mind still running a 1000 miles a minute. It was a few hours after when Peter Pettigrew found him, dragginbg the boy to the common room, finally snapping Potter out of his daze. Bringing him back to his senses.

As soon as Angelica and Leia saw Remus and Eleanor outside of the Gryffindor common room Eleanor bypassed the dwelling teens she called her friends, currently sat by the fireplace. She headed up the stairs towards the girls dorms. Down by the fire, her friends were left worrying. Remus not spilling anything said in the confidential conversation he had with Eleanor.

The group, excluding Remus, had no idea what had gone down between the dazed James and moody Eleanor. They knew that one moment they were laughing with each other enjoying each other's presence. Now, they weren't so sure. They had finally drawn the conclusion that they wouldn't quqstion their friends' strange moods and what had happened between their peers.

Once again, Eleanor felt like she was trapped in a never-ending cycle. She knew that she was tired of it happening again and again, but there was no way in hell that she would try and remove herself from it. She loved her friends too much to split them in two like this. While she wallowed in her own self pity under the covers of her bed. The Marauders shared the same single thought, was it worth it?

Eleanor's feelings were hindering their friendship. This was supposed to be a place where they could escape the troubles brewing outside the castle's four walls. Instead they felt like they were drowning. They just didn't know what to do. There was not a single idea that they could complete without causing even more destruction in their school house.

Who were the Marauders to decide the fate of their two friends. If the Marauders were to force the pairing together there would be no positive outcome. It was obvious that fate would show itself in time. Either it would bring them together in the end, or not.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

please vote and comment!
written: 30/06/2020
edited: not done
word count: 1184