3. The Client

Brandon's POV

After a shower, I got ready to leave. My mother would understand why I would sneak out. Dad would be mad for sure.

I just couldn't face Finnegan's parents. I probably never would dare anyway.

I left the house after successfully evading anyone. My phone immediately started buzzing and i already knew who it was.

Ignoring my father, I drove away and headed to my destination. Karma got me though. I was met with a traffic jam. I should have known.

How unlucky!

I was going to be late for my appointment and that is not good on my report. Not good at all. I just hope this person I'm heading to will understand.

After a thirty minute delay, I finally arrived at the exclusive community. I drove through roads passing by huge houses until I reached the one I was aiming for.

Damn, it was big! I could already tell I would get lost in there if I ever enter with no tour guide.

I drove into the front gate and rang the bell. A voice answered me through the speaker. There was a camera up above with lights that almost blinded me as I looked up.

"I'm Brandon James. I was sent by-- "
Before I could finish, the gates opened. "Go straight to the main door, Sir. The boss will see you in a few minutes."

"Thanks."

I rolled down the circular driveway and parked in front of the house. Only one car was in front of me. I was guessing, it must be the owner's.

After I had stepped out of the car, the double doors of the massive mansion opened. I didn't get to scan the surroundings. I was greeted by a middle aged woman who opened the doors for me.

"Good evening, Mr. Brandon. Please come in."

"Thank you," I replied as I walked in. She guided me into the main living room.

"He'll be down shortly," the lady said politely. "He was expecting you earlier but…  he went back to his office and told us to just let you in when you arrive."

"I'll just wait here, then. If that's alright?"

She smiled and nodded at me. "Yes, Mr. Brandon. I'll leave you now."

It was a normal conversation, I guess. But why did I feel like something was odd. I'm seriously hating this gut feeling I have that pops up once in a while.

I sat down on one of the couches. My eyes roamed the interior of the house. It was pretty luxurious. Marbles, giant expensive paintings, golden trims and articulate designs on the grand staircase and coving, the chandelier, the overpriced pottery, even the furnishings.

Everything screams wealth in this house.

I tilted my head, thinking how empty it still felt like. But why would I care. I never cared about anyone's house before. And I've been to an Arabian prince's mansion once.

"Loving the interior, Bran?"

I jolted out of my thoughts when I heard the voice. I know this voice so well. What the ef?

Standing up, I turned head and eyes widened, my jaw dropping when I looked at the owner of the voice. He was leaning against a wall by the hallways that I would assume, leads to his office.

I snorted internally. What bad luck.

"I'm sorry. I must have come to the wrong house," I said and began walking towards the direction of the main door.

"You're in the right house, sweetheart." I heard him say before just as a set of arms wrap themselves around me.

I think my soul left me the moment I felt those arms on me. I was frozen. My knees felt weak, I was unable to move an inch and walk.

My chest was the only one totally alive, pumping blood rapidly into my system, my body getting hot.

No. This is not right. Why--

***

I had no idea how I was already sitting on Finnegan's lap when moments ago, I was standing with him hugging me from behind.

"Do you like the house?" I heard him say after watching his mouth move slowly.

"H-Huh?"

He smirked. A small and deep line appeared beside his lips as he did so. His eyes were staring straight into mine. "Do you like the house?"

I shook my head, trying to get rid of what I thought was hallucination. "House? You mean-- "

Looking around, I realized the situation I was in. I was in Finnegan Kree's house. I was sitting on his lap. Inside an office?

"Damn it," I muttered as I scrambled to get off of Finnegan's lap. He only tightened his hold on me. "I should leave. I-- "

"You're not going anywhere," He said. Then I felt his hand cup my nape before his pair of deep brown eyes met mine. Our faces were only a breath away. I couldn't meet his intense gaze so my eyes landed on his lips instead. I gulped.

"You finally made it to my trap. Why would I let you go?" His words were followed by a smile I could only shiver from.

What trap?

"You're in my lair, little rebel. And now... You belong to me."

____________________tbc/Zia