17~ Nailed it

Yoongi put the papers under the bird gently and made sure it was standing on it. "Gentle," Minnie gasped. "Hold on, Lucky," Minnie smiled.

"Can I put him up there?" She asked. Yoongi glanced at her and nodded. "Get on my shoulders," he said. She raised her arms, and he lifted her onto his shoulders.

"Ready?" Yoongi said and carried the bird with the papers. It almost lost its balance, but stood back again. He passed it to Minnie and said, "Careful."

She cautiously took the papers and lifted it to the closest branch with the nest on it. "Bye, Lucky, I love you," she whispered as she slid him off into the nest.

The bird squawked happily and flapped its small, bare wings in gratitude. "Lucky is saying thank you, Min!" She grinned as Yoongi took a step back.

"Bye, Lucky!" Minnie exclaimed as she waved her hands happily. "Let's go home," Yoongi said. "Home," she repeated and put her small hands on his head.

"Lucky went home, too," she muttered, making Yoongi feel as happy as she does. He was indeed glad he didn't take Minnie home and leave the bird to die.

"It's raining!" She squealed as a stray droplet fell on her face.

•••

Yoongi bought some crayons of Minnie's choice on the way home; and she lied on her tummy on his room's floor drawing out her imagination on a paper.

Mochi: So did you find it?

Me: No but she's alive

Mochi: where are you now?

Me: Home

Mochi: Jin and I are on our way and we got dinner

Me: Looking forward to it

Mochi: Yeah we missed you too💖

Me: I meant the dinner

Mochi: That's me for thinking you were being nice for once 🤡

Yoongi chuckled as he put his phone away and looked at Minnie happily scribbling on the paper.

"What you got there?" He asked. Minnie got up with the paper and showed it to him. "I drew Lucky," she smiled.

Thinking she drew the stuffed toy, Yoongi found a small bird on a tree instead. He also found two stick figures-a small one on the shoulders of the big one.

The small one looked happy with its arms in the air while the big one had a straight line for lips.

"Is that me and you?" He asked. She grinned and nodded. "Why are you smiling and I'm not?" Yoongi smiled as he found it a little funny.

"Because you were upset with me," she mumbled as she held back her giggles. "No, baby, I wasn't upset with you," Yoongi laughed. "I was just worried that bird might die." He shook his head.

Minnie ran, grabbed her crayon from the floor, and ran back to him. She took the paper from him and put it on his desk as she erased the straight line and draw a curved one instead.

She showed it to him and he nodded in approval. "Come here, gimme a kiss," he opened his arms for her. She giggled as she ran into his arms and kissed his cheek.