24~ Not a dog

Yoongi stared at Jin quietly. "Don't look at me like that." Jin's words came out like a hoarse whisper as he was clearly lost in thought.

"You're playing a losing game. Jimin and I wouldn't just throw her out. She's just a baby, not a dog. I know it's not easy, but you can at least try. We're in this together, Jin, remember that," Yoongi said, patted Jin's shoulder empathetically, and turned around, heading up the stairs.

Jin touched his temples and exhaled, feeling a headache on its way. Yoongi stopped in his tracks when he heard sniffles and tiny weeps. They were sounding from the small crack of Jimin's door.

Yoongi sighed and walked in on Minnie crying in the covers. It seemed like Minnie didn't know Yoongi came in and just kept weeping softly.

Yoongi stood over her small, shaking form, contemplating how to approach her. "Minnie," he muttered and touched her shoulder. Minnie jerked up and away from him in surprise.

"It's okay," Yoongi said as the frightened baby looked at him with wide eyes that shone with tears. She panted slightly as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Are you okay?"

Locking gazes with Yoongi, Minnie continued crying pathetically. Yoongi sat on the edge of the bed and opened his arms for her. "I'm s-scared. You're...screaming," Minnie said between sobs.

"No, no, it's fine...No more yelling," Yoongi's gaze was soft. Moonlight shone upon his face, accentuating his pale skin and deep brown eyes that were almost covered with his black bangs.

Minnie hiccuped as she stared intently into her stranger's eyes. "I know. Hiccups have always been annoying." Yoongi let out a silky voiced chuckle as his lips stretched into the gummiest grin.

Minnie got closer to Yoongi for warmth as the rain started knocking softly at the window. "It's raining," Minnie said, her voice a little hoarse from all the crying.

"Yeah, baby. Isn't it beautiful?" Yoongi wrapped his arms around Minnie and stared out the window. Minnie turned her head to take a look and indeed found it beautiful.

The rain droplets scattered at the window and slowly fell down to the windowsill-to their destruction? No, to their recreation and reunion with the rest of the rain water.

Huddling into Yoongi and watching the rain lulled Minnie into happy sleep, opposite to how she used to force herself to sleep in her parents' house. She used to be terrified to the bone.

However, the rain saddened Yoongi, knowing that Jimin was out there doing god knows what. "Min," Minnie whispered, as if afraid she'd disrupt the rain's beautiful song.

Yoongi hummed and looked down at her, his eyes misty. "Where's Daddy?" Minnie asked. Yoongi's lips parted as he himself had no idea, and he stroked her head.

"He's...gonna be out for some time," Yoongi said. Minnie looked at the window for a second. "Can you sleep with me?" She looked up at him again. Yoongi nodded and helped Minnie get under the covers.

"You're warm," Minnie giggled tiredly as she drew delicate circles on his veiny arm. Yoongi couldn't imagine how his nights or even days would've been without the baby. He needed a daily dose of her.

Yoongi pulled her closer and kissed her head lovingly. "You're beautiful," Yoongi said. Minnie's smile broadened, but turned into a shy one. She looked up and puckered her lips for a kiss in appreciation.

Yoongi smiled and gave her his cheek. Giggling, she kissed it and surprised him by wrapping her arms around his neck and keeping him down. Yoongi chuckled and blew raspberries in her neck. Minnie let go and laughed loudly as she flinched.

"Again! More!" Minnie laughed cutely. Yoongi blew raspberries on her small, covered tummy. Minnie squealed and playfully hit his head with her small hands. He laughed at her, and she giggled. "It tickles!"

Yoongi cradled her in his arms, and he fell asleep along with her, even though he planned not to.

•••

Jimin returned back home tipsy and soaked from head to toe. Jimin wasn't the least bit quiet as he moved around the house. He drank some water and stumbled upstairs.

He knew everyone was probably sleeping, but he could care less. "Daddy?" Minnie said from the top of the stairs. She was a bit worried and scared from his condition. "M-minnie?" Jimin stuttered as he blinked multiple times and tried to focus his eyes in the dark.

Jimin was halfway up the stairs, so Minnie walked down a few steps. Jimin watched intently as she stopped on a step just ahead of him.

Minnie swallowed and raised her hand slowly to Jimin's damp cheek. Jimin's sullen face leaned into her touch, his eyes closed for a moment, then opened into soft ones.

"Are you okay?" Minnie asked hesitantly. Jimin put his hand over hers. "I'll live, I guess." Jimin's voice was hoarse, but his eyes were glossy as his lashes fluttered.

Minnie smiled kindly, and Jimin kissed the inside of her wrist. "I love you," Jimin said. Maybe, he was a bit too tipsy to blurt out his feelings for the baby. But she had to know that at least someone loved her in this unforgiving world.

Minnie sized him up as she fell deep in her thinking and slight fluster. She was unable to respond; she had never heard those beautiful words uttered from anyone before. Minnie's brows knitted together inquisitively and her lips pressed together.

Her reaction was a bit too predictable to Jimin, so he smiled sadly and pulled her in his wet embrace. He squeezed her tightly, making a wheeze escape her lips.

Minnie didn't know how feelings feel like-at least not love or affection. She knew what anger, hatred, and fury looked like, though. The baby never realized the feeling of being broken.

"I'm sorry." Jimin kissed her temple. "I can't let you go." Jimin's chuckle was rather dull and hollow. Although it had affected her greatly, Minnie let him display his affection quietly.

Jimin felt he was being too clingy, even guilty as he showered the traumatized baby with love all at once instead of gradually.

His grip loosened around the baby; that gave her a chance to wrap her arms around his neck and bury her face in his chest. Minnie felt like crying, but it felt like her eyes were dry.

She heard a sniffle, so she looked up and found a tear slipping out of Jimin's eyes. "Why are you crying, Daddy?" She asked.

Jimin felt his heart sting every time she called him that-the fact that she keeps on calling a stranger that saved her once her dad is heartbreaking.

And Jimin was determined to mend those hearts together, even if it was the last thing he does before he goes to jail.