49~Fly

"No, Minnie. Stay with Yoongi for a while," Jimin said through gritted teeth, so that it's not audible for his 'date'.

"If I hadn't known better, I'd say that calling your cousin 'Daddy' is aberrant," Misun scoffed at Minnie, then turned to Jimin, a look of discomfort scrawled over his expression.

A wide-eyed Jin glanced at Yoongi; and Misun noticed.

"Yeah-" Jimin glanced at a narrow-eyed Minnie-"She's eccentric." Jimin swallowed and tried reading Minnie's unreadable expression. Apparently, her expression read disapproved, disgusted, and repulsed.

"We should get going." Jin cut through the tension.

Minnie frowned and pouted at Jimin in displeasure as he walked past her and eyed the woman following him with a little envy, nurturing a distaste for her.

"Why is she like this?" Minnie mumbled, making Yoongi raise his brows. "I want to call him Daddy; what is wrong with her?" Minnie spat and crossed her arms.

"Are you seeing this?" Jin whispered from behind him; Yoongi nodded with a dumbfounded expression.

"Someone's getting whooped today," Jin said and walked away.

"What are we riding, then?" Misun wrapped her arm around Jimin's, making Minnie shift in Yoongi's arms and fist some of his shirt in her tiny hand.

"His dick," Jin whispered to Yoongi.

"Clear your dirty mind this time for me, Jin, hmm? It's getting irksome," Yoongi spat and walked off.

"Let's just leave them alone and go on rides. I'm this close to leaving," Yoongi said and walked towards the merry-go-round.

"Wow, Minnie. You wanna ride that? Look at all the pretty horses," Yoongi cooed and bounced the grumpy baby a little.

"It's jumping-pink!" Minnie pointed. "Yeah, let's go?" Minnie nodded as a response. "I want the pink one! The pink one!"

He stood in line and after about five minutes went on the platform to seat her onto a plastic horse.

"Aren't you riding with me, Min? I'll fall off, but you'll catch me," Minnie said quietly and rested her head against the pole.

He looked back at Jin, who already started laughing. "Get on, Yoongi! Whoo!" Jin hollered, embarrassing both him and himself, but Yoongi just waved his hand at Jin as he got on behind Minnie.

"Hold onto me, Min, or you'll fall off, too." Minnie smiled innocently. He brushed her hair off her forehead and kissed it, then held her tiny waist, looking back up at Jin.

He had his phone in front of his face as he got ready to film them. "No, stop," Yoongi laughed.

"You'll be famous!" Jin laughed.

The merry-go-round indeed started going round; and with wide, weary eyes Minnie held onto the pole till her knuckles turned white.

The horse galloped gently, making her hug the pole and let out little squeals. Yoongi laughed behind her; and Jin filmed them.

"Minnie! Look at Jin!" Yoongi said. Minnie obliged and grinned back at Jin. "Is it fun, baby?"

"Yeah! I want it to jump higher," Minnie giggled at Yoongi. He ruffled her hair and waited patiently for the round to finish.

Once it did, they got off and walked to the next ride. "People in balloons!" Minnie hopped excitedly and pointed at the balloon race.

She squealed and let go of Jin's hand, sprinting off. She held the low railing that bordered the visitors off and giggled excitedly.

"That kid tryna act adorable?" Jin raised his brows at Yoongi.

"I know you hate kids, but you can't assume they're 'acting'-especially that kid," Yoongi chuckled and stood in line for the ride.

"Can Jin ride with me this time?" Minnie grinned widely. "How about all three of us?" Yoongi bent down with his hands on his knees.

"Yes!" Minnie squealed. "Stop screaming, kid," Jin laughed and pulled her body against his leg to keep her close, her giggling uncontrollably.

They finally got into the ride; and Jin looked around anxiously. "I feel we're too heavy. This is gonna break." Jin held onto the bars, but Minnie just giggled at him while Yoongi sat comfortably with his elbows resting on the edges.

"Fly, fly, fly!" Minnie screamed as the fake balloon lifted them into the air. "Minnie!" Jin laughed at her excited screaming.

When it reached the maximum height, Minnie looked over the edges, looking as if she was contemplating something.

"What are you looking for?" Yoongi asked.

"I can jump from here. It's not too far away," Minnie said with a challenging tone and actually started getting up. Jin and Yoongi protested loudly and held her down.

"You crazy, kid!?" Jin exclaimed. "Stop!" She yelled back. "It's not far away," Minnie whined with a frown and pushed their hands off.

"Minnie, no, you can't jump off," Yoongi said in a warning tone.

"Fuck off," Minnie spat, which drew back both adults and their hands. She quickly stood on the seat, stepped on the edge with one foot and pushed herself off; Jin and Yoongi yelled desperately and reached to catch her but were too late.

She'd already escaped their reach and jumped off. Yoongi felt like all air escaped his lungs along with her and wheezed; and Jin felt his heart jumped with Minnie.

On instinct, however, Jin jumped after her with a loud "Fuck!" and successfully caught her leg, dangling her in the air. Minnie was silent as her arms and leg drooped, looking almost lifeless.

At the same time, Jimin was strolling through with Misun; it happened that they were passing by the balloon ride.

Jimin frowned once he saw someone bent over the edge holding what looked like a child's leg. But then he felt numb, and his blood ran cold in his veins once the distinctive pink winter dress felt too familiar.

Misun kept calling his name and shaking his arm for thirty seconds now, but received no response at all. Jimin abruptly dropped everything he once held in his hands and ran full speed towards the ride.

"Jimin!" He could hear her distant calling.

Because of his speed, and as he tried to come to a stop, he was thrown against the railing bordering the ride as he gazed at Jin gripping Minnie's leg the hardest he could; the ride still moving, their balloon going up and down.

People gathered and started gasping and pointing fingers. Jin grunted loudly as he tried pulling Minnie up. Yoongi reached over and tried grabbing her other leg, unbalancing the balloon and making it tip slightly.

As a result of his now sweaty hand, Jin's grip was slipping dangerously.

"Minnie!"