42~Selfless-ish?

Minnie felt exhausted from today's adventures and her throat scratchy; so she was dead weight on Yoongi's shoulders as he and Jimin finished their shopping.

"She was almost gone this time," Jimin muttered as he went behind Yoongi to check on Minnie. He reached to stroke her head; but she flinched, opened her eyes to check who it was, then closed them again, and turned her head.

Jimin felt this was odd, but not unusual, since this isn't the first time she flinched when someone touched her. He was sure his touch was soft-why the flinch?

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, then Yoongi said, "Why don't you take her for a while?"

"I'm good." Jimin grinned. "Then stop pretending your her dad, Jimin," Yoongi said.

"I'm not pretending; I am, hyung." Jimin's expression and voice changed into a serious one, making Yoongi whirl his head and shoot him a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, it's final," Jimin said, his eyes twinkling with sincerity. "Are you out of your fuc-" Yoongi quickly took back his curse and glanced at Minnie.

"Are you insane?" Yoongi rephrased. "No..."

Is this the time Jimin has to explain that he's planning on taking her from her own parents-

"She has parents, Jimin, and they're going to find her whether sooner or later," Yoongi deadpanned. Jimin's eyes widened, and he swallowed the growing lump in his throat.

"How did you know?" He said, almost breathless. "She told me," Yoongi said and looked away. "Something feels off, though. She's been way too aggressive with me today," Yoongi said, his voice laced with concern.

"Was she screaming Mommy again?" Jimin asked, this being a bit predictable to him. Yoongi nodded, making Jimin exhale, "She's been abused, hyung."

Yoongi turned his body, fully facing Jimin now, and his lips parted. "How do you know that? Do you know her parents, Jimin?" Yoongi was ready to throw a punch.

"No...the first time I took her in, I gave her a shower and...she had marks on her back like she'd been belted. I asked her, and she said her mom beat her," Jimin said, avoiding Yoongi's piercing gaze.

"You can't just take her away from her parents, Jimin. All we can do right now is wait till someone who knows her finds her, and give her back," Yoongi said in a low tone.

"We'll see, hyung," Jimin said through gritted teeth and took Minnie from him, walking away. Yoongi inhaled sharply as he looked at the two of them. He can't believe he just heard Jimin selfishly saying he'll keep her all to himself.

He's going to dispossess parents of their own daughter? And deprive a young child of her parents, treating her like an orphan? Even if they beat her-I mean, isn't that how parents normally discipline their children?

A lot of thoughts and unanswered questions raced through Yoongi's mind; he sighed and rubbed his eyes.

Jimin's big heart and selfless love is causing him a lot of misunderstanding and will make him fall into a lot of trouble. He could hurt countless people that way-including the baby he's trying so hard to save and make happy.

Yoongi fetched a couple more bottles of wine that would help relax tonight and caught up to Jimin at the checkout.

Jimin left Yoongi to pay and walked to the car. He got in and turned the heater on since it was really chilly. "Can you play song?" Minnie asked, starting to wake up.