20~ Jinnie

She noticed a familiar form beyond Ji-hun, but looked up at him as he started taking steps toward her. Minnie's breathing got shallow and her face puckered, ready to cry.

"No, no, it's fine. You don't have to worry," Ji-hun started as he kneeled down. As Ji-hun got closer and reached for her, Minnie opened her mouth and let out the shrillest scream she got.

"No! No! I got you, uhh, some keys, see?" Ji-hun shook his keys in front of her face; and Minnie's crying died down. She grabbed the keys from his hands, gave them a shake, then threw them across the floor.

"No, no!" Ji-hun yelled for his keys and hopped off after them. Minnie saw the chance to escape and didn't lose it. She dashed out the door and ran blindly through all the workers' legs. They almost tripped on the small creature and crashed into one another.

"Jinnie! Jinnie!" She whimpered loudly as she searched for her stranger. "Minnie?" She heard his voice amid the noises.

"Jinnie!" She yelled for the last time and ran towards his voice's direction. She was relieved to finally find him kneeling with his arms open.

She ran into his arms and hugged him tightly, making him stumble back a bit. "Minnie? You okay?" He asked as he steadied himself.

"Scary guy," she mumbled as she pointed at his open office door. "Ugh," Jin groaned as he saw Ji-hun walking out his office. Jin picked her up and strode to Ji-hun, catching him red-handed.

"What are you doing in my office, Ji-hun?" Jin death glared at him. "I can't believe you locked her in there!" Ji-hun protested. "Do me a favor and stop snooping around." Jin rubbed his eyes, trying to stay calm.

"As a matter of fact, I just did you a favor. She was literally crying," Ji-hun scoffed. "I can assure you; you have nothing to worry about. I do know well how to take care of a baby,"Jin said bitterly as he gave him a sarcastic smile. He was about to lose his last nerve when a plump middle-aged guy interrupted.

"Ji-hun, what're you doing there? You should be in the kitchen! Jin-oh, what have we got here?" Hitman smiled pleasantly at the baby.

"I thought you were unmarried," Hitman said as he took a few steps to Jin. "I am; she's...my niece." Jin made up a lie. "She's lovely." Hitman smiled warmly as he offered her his hand and she grinned as she put it in his.

"You still standing here, Ji-hun?" Hitman turned to Ji-hun with a stern face. Ji-hun rolled his eyes, straightened, and walked away.

"Well, Jin, the customers can't wait for longer." Hitman cleared his throat. "Umm, of course, but do you think you can watch her for me?" Jin scratched the back of his head.

"I'm heading out after an hour, so sure." Hitman nodded. "Thank you so much." Jin bowed after giving him the child, who looked worriedly at Jin.

"Be good, Minnie," Jin said shortly and immediately got back to work while Hitman took her to his office.

"Jinnie?" Minnie watched Jin walk away. "So Minnie, is it?" Hitman said as he put her down. She nodded politely and kept her head down. "What do you want to do?" Hitman asked as he sat down at his desk.

"Oh, are you hungry?" Hitman asked. She glanced at him, but looked away and gave him a short nod. "Wait here for a minute," he said and walked out of his office.

Minnie sat down on the floor and played with her hands. Minutes later, Hitman was finally back with a plate of tangy smelling food, much to Minnie's pleasure.

He handed it to her; and she set it down in front of her, digging right in. Her tastebuds were satisfied with the special, piquant sauce, and it was almost recognizable as Jin's cooking.

A burp escaped Minnie's lips, pulling out a little giggle after it. Hitman chuckled softly, and Minnie's giggling only got louder.

Minnie kept drawing on the paper that Hitman passed to her, but soon got bored. She looked around for something fun to do, but found nothing and scowled. "I'm bored," she mumbled inaudibly.

"Hello?" She heard Hitman on the phone. He got up and walked outside to carry on his conversation. She pouted and lowered her head, waiting for him to come back and ask him about Jin.

He finally came back and said, "Minnie, let's go." She was glad and got up immediately. She followed him to the restaurant's kitchen, where waiters and workers rushed in and out.

"Busy day, today, huh?" Hitman said cheerfully. "Everyday, sir. Business is blooming," a waiter bowed politely. Hitman gave him a nod and continued into the kitchen.

The waiter glanced weirdly at the baby that followed close. "Jinni!" Minnie squealed as soon as she caught sight of him, not giving thought to the people working there.

Jin turned and a small, involuntary smile drew itself on his lips. But he was suddenly aware of the glances and glares, so it was soon erased. "Myeong called. I'll be on my way," Hitman said.

"Yes, sir, thank you for your care." Jin bowed his head in appreciation. Minnie was already wrapped around his leg as he talked. "Jinnie," she giggled. Jin looked wearily at the workers staring.

"Back to work, everyone!" Jin exclaimed and clapped his hands, as if to snap them out of their daze.

They instantly looked back to the work at hand, and Jin picked Minnie up, walking out of the kitchen. His phone vibrated.

Yoongi: I'm picking you up after work.

Me: That's not your mom Yoongi

Yoongi: What? Right. Wrong contact

Me: You still picking me up tho?😂

Yoongi: You could've taken the chance instead of being a bitch. Later.

Me: 🖕

This wasn't a mistake; Yoongi actually wanted to pick Jin up and have some quality time along with the baby, but sometimes he just couldn't stand it when his friends made fun of him if he offered to help.

Jin shoved his phone back in his pocket and put Minnie down. She whined and grabbed his pants. "Stay close and don't get into trouble," Jin warned.

She nodded; and while Jin moved around, serving tables and helping in the kitchen, Minnie followed close behind like an overgrown puppy.