40~Call Me Baby

"Where are we going?" Minnie asked as they walked into the convenience store. "Shopping," He replied. "Hopping?" Minnie frowned.

"No, shopping, Minnie," he enunciated, glancing down at her. "Shopping...shopping," she repeated to herself in a small voice.

"Sho-pping...sh-o-pp-ing..." She kept dividing the word, drawing an involuntary smile on Yoongi's lips. "Is there strawberry here, Min?" She asked as she slipped her hand into his.

"Yeah," Yoongi replied as he examined a bag of chips. "Ooh! What's that? Krashkrash..." She imitated the sound of the crackle of the bag of chips as she reached for the it and hit it to make more noise.

Yoongi laughed, which encouraged her to continue-what baby wouldn't want to keep an adult laughing?

And she laughed along with him as she continued her silly imitations of things she heard. Yoongi heard footsteps behind him in the quiet atmosphere of the store and turned to see who it was.

Minnie did, too, and in order to stop her from freaking out in case it were a stranger, he stroked her head. But before he complete a few strokes, Minnie was off running into the man's arms.

"Daddy! You came!" Minnie exclaimed happily as she threw herself into his arms. "Hey, baby, I missed you!" Jimin chuckled as he picked her up and kissed her soft cheek fondly.

"Today was so long." Minnie exaggerated with the noises of exhaustion she made. "I know, baby, I know. We're going home after some shopping, okay?" Jimin said softly and brushed the hair out of her face.

"Ah, hyung!" Jimin called after Yoongi who walked to the freezer to get some chicken. "We ate ice cream," Minnie said. "Oh, you did? But it's cold!" Jimin said.

Minnie hummed and nodded. "I ate Min's ice cream, too. It was banana," Minnie said, making Jimin glance at her and laugh. "Oh, so you ate your ice cream and then finished his?" He said, making Minnie nod and grin cheekily.

"What was your ice cream flavor?" He asked, pretending to be interested for her sake.

"Strawberry and chocolate," Minnie answered.

"Eek, what's this?" Minnie scrunched up her nose at the plastic slate of raw chicken Yoongi held.

"Chicken," Yoongi replied. "Take it to Jinnie, and he'll cook it!" Minnie exclaimed, making Jimin laugh and Yoongi chuckle softly.

"I can't eat it like that!" Minnie complained. "You won't! Don't worry, we'll make Jinnie cook it first." Jimin hardly continued his sentences without laughing.

Jimin put her down into a cart and started pushing it towards Yoongi. "Wee~" Minnie giggled loudly. "Faster! Faster!" Minnie squealed as she hopped noisily in the metal cart.

"Hey! Stop jumping like that!" Jimin said and ruffled her hair as he passed the cart to Yoongi.

"So, I've heard your day has been pretty eventful," Jimin spoke and rested his arm on Yoongi's shoulder.

"Eventful, indeed," Yoongi muttered as he picked a soju bottle. "What did you do, then?" Jimin asked. "Listened to some songs, played the piano, ate ice cream," Yoongi listed nonchalantly.

"Played the piano? Aww, I wish I was there. Bet it was cute."

"Yeah, I don't, but it was cute-I'll give you that," Yoongi said; Jimin chuckled and hit his arm. They were interrupted by Minnie whining and making a fuss in the cart.

"What? What's wrong, Minnie?" Jimin approached her. "Carry me," Minnie demanded. "Carry you where, baby? I'm tired," Jimin exhaled and leaned his hands on the basket's protection profile.

"No, take me out of this car," Minnie said. "It's a cart, Minnie," Jimin grunted as he carried her out of it. "Stay close," Jimin warned as he pushed the cart after Yoongi.

Minnie hummed to herself as she followed them hopping on the ceramic tiles, making sure not to step on their borders. As they passed aisles, she heard a baby babbling loudly in one of them.

Minnie scowled and tilted her head, stopping in her tracks. There was a baby stroller a little more than halfway through the aisle; but she was still confused where these babbles were coming from since she couldn't see the baby lying in it.

She was at the beginning of the aisle while the stroller and a woman were standing about halfway through. She was looking for some cans.

"Bla bla bla~" she babbled back, as if trying to trace the source. She then saw hands appearing from the stroller and waving around, which made her gasp in realization.

Its mother was standing close to the stroller; and apparently the baby just woke up.

Thus, she adjusted his seat and lifted it upward, straightening the small bed-that put the baby into full view.

She was met face to face with the babble monster, and they stared each other down. The mother gave him a squirtie in attempt to stop his babbles.

"You got a stuffy?" Minnie gasped. The baby babbled softly; but it was a bit muffled by the toy he was biting on. The mother walked into another aisle for a short moment, leaving Minnie and the baby alone.

"You're...a baby?" Minnie eyed him weirdly. It was her first time to meet a baby-or any other child except herself, really.

"You cry and whine, and I cry and whine. And Daddy calls me baby, so I think you're a baby too!" Minnie jabbered.

As if the baby was trying to respond, he opened his mouth that once held the toy wide and got distracted from it; so it fell from him and onto the floor with a tiny squeak.

Both Minnie and the baby stared at the fallen toy, but the baby looked up and started wailing. Minnie pressed her lips together and walked to him, her first few steps hesitant.

She bent down and grabbed the toy, then stood on her toes and handed it to him. "Shh, don't cry, baby, here's your stuffy," Minnie whispered as she patted his hairless head.

The baby kept biting on the toy with a satisfied babble, and the baby's mother came running because of his sobs-that, to her surprise, stopped on their own.

"Oh, hi there. Thank you for calming him down," she chuckled as her gaze softened at Minnie, who gulped and took a step back.

"Where are your parents?" She asked.

Minnie started shaking her head but then just turned and walked away with small, quick steps.

"Bye, baby," Minnie whispered back at the baby boy, who bid her goodbye with a small, happy squeal and a giggle.

Minnie reached the beginning of the aisle again, where she first found the baby, and looked both sides.

Even though Jimin and Yoongi were no where in sight, she didn't exactly freak out...

"Min said there was strawberry here," she whispered to herself and began her journey to find strawberries-quite bravely.

«Vote, share, and comment ;D»