27~Colors

Minnie whined in pain after Jimin was done. "I know, I know, baby. I'm sorry." Jimin cradled her in his arms as he sat on the couch. He peppered her forehead with kisses.

However, Minnie squirmed in his hold, not accepting the kisses. The last thing she wanted was anyone's affection. Confused, Jimin let her go and watched her slide from the couch and onto the floor. She limped into the kitchen and looked up at Yoongi and Jin who acknowledged her presence.

"How are you feeling, Minnie?" Yoongi said. Minnie let out a shaky breath and rested her head on the table.

Yoongi and Jin shared a glance while setting the table. Yoongi put a bowl of rice close and put a hand on Minnie's head, making her close her eyes.

He caressed her cheek with his thumb, making her flinch slightly and her eye twitch. This saddened him even more. He leaned closer and pecked her right under her eye. Her eyes fluttered open, and his smile faltered at what he perceived.

The baby's eyes looked vacant...cold, even colorless and dull. They haven't been for a while, now-at least it wasn't that obvious.

She fooled everyone by looking happy-giggling and laughing and squealing her lungs out-but was she actually happy or merely amused?

What was deep down? How was she actually feeling? She's too young to tell her feelings-another reason why anyone would be fooled.

"How is she feeling?" Jimin came from behind him. "Okay, I guess," Yoongi said absentmindedly; the truth was that Yoongi couldn't tell anymore. "You hungry, kiddo?" Jin finally spoke to the baby for the first time since last night.

Minnie raised her head and sat down on a chair. They all followed and ate breakfast silently, listening to the birds chirping outside.

"Who's gonna watch her?" Jin broke the silence. "It's Jimin's turn," Yoongi said, not looking up from his food. "How am I gonna take her to the office, though?" Jimin said in an undertone.

"Deal with it," Jin and Yoongi said in unison.

•••

"Wanna take a shower before we go?" Jimin asked as he got ready. "No." Minnie pushed her bottom lip out into a pout. "Maybe when we come back, then," Jimin said and walked out the house with Minnie following closely behind.

The half hour ride to work was silent, and Jimin couldn't help but remember how the baby was half dead in the passenger seat on their first ride back home. He looked to her side and found her slumped in her seat with her head thrown the other side.

Minnie looks especially colorless today, Jimin thought, almost the way she looked when we first met. When they met, however, Minnie showed a few colors of curiosity and fear. But now? She looks drained-pale.

Jimin wanted to know why, but he didn't know how to know. Is he just going to ask the baby why she looks especially depressed today? Or ask her to elaborate her feelings for him to understand?

No, Minnie needs someone who understands by just looking at her. She's too tired to explain-too unexpressive. She never learned how to express her feelings right; well, one reason was her being only a baby, but the other was that everyone was indifferent to what she felt.

By everyone, I mean her parents. Right, Minnie didn't meet anyone to say that. She's been locked up; silly me. Her parents either threw something at Minnie or beat the lights out of her if she cried too loud or annoyed them too much.

It's sad how Minnie can't speak up or protest.

"Where are we?" Minnie asked as she looked at the huge building. "Where I work. It's called a company. Let's go." Jimin took her hand and walked her inside the building.

"Uppie. My feet hurt," Minnie whined. Jimin looked around nervously and picked her up. They went into an elevator and up a few floors. The doors dinged open, and Minnie stared at the fancy interior with wide eyes.

Jimin walked-more like strode-to his cubicle, keeping his head low and trying not to grab unwanted attention. He reached his working space with a record of only a couple stares.

Jimin sighed in relief and put Minnie down. Minnie looked around curiously, wondering where in the world she is. She was surrounded by only three walls that were a few meters apart.

Minnie stepped just behind one of the small walls and looked around carefully. "Minnie, come here," Jimin said. Minnie was a little startled, and she quickly went to Jimin.

He picked her up into his lap and proceeded to work. Minnie touched the keyboard of the computer that sat in front of her. Jimin didn't want her to touch that, but he didn't want to upset her; so he grabbed a paper and a pencil and slid them in front of her.

"Draw, instead," Jimin said. Minnie was distracted from the computer by the paper like a kitten: she lifted the pencil and started drawing while Jimin worked like he normally did every day.

Two hours later, and Minnie had her head on the table on top of her creation, snoring quietly. Jimin was working nonstop, so he could take an early leave, but a man has to pee.

Jimin couldn't take it anymore, so he carefully lifted Minnie, stood up, and set her on his chair. She awoke, but immediately rested her head back on the chair and continued snoring.

Jimin quickly walked to the nearest bathroom and slammed the door.

Disquiet woke Minnie up, and she looked around for Jimin. "D-daddy?" Minnie was flustered when she couldn't find her stranger. When she tried to slide off the swivel chair, it slid back and dropped her to the floor.

The chair rolled back and hit the cubicle's wall, making a thump sound that disrupted the company's silent air. Minnie glanced back at the chair in annoyance and stood up with determination to find her daddy.

Minnie limped out the borders of the cubicle and took a left turn-the bathroom is on the right. The baby marched forward and observed the rest of the cubicles that were stacked so closely together.

At the sound of the thump, one of Jimin's employees took a look in the cubicle but found nothing; and luckily, he missed the baby that turned around the corner.

Minnie's mouth fell open in awe at the new world; everyone was working silently and efficiently. Minnie continued walking down the narrow hallway between the cubicles, willing to discover more of Jimin's world.

"Daddy?" Minnie said and peered into a cubicle. Seeing that it's empty, Minnie proceeded to the next. There was someone; a dark haired man with small shoulders-almost like Jimin's.

"Daddy..." Minnie trailed off as the man stretched his arm to grab his cup of coffee. Minnie pursed her lips when the man dropped a paper that swayed in the air before landing swiftly on the floor.

A/n: Sorry, I know this chapter came out shitty.