Chapter 23: Festival of Traditions

A pair of lips kissed the back of her neck, sending shivers through her spine. A gentle warm hand caressed her stomach, a cold breath tickling her ear. Aiden's gleaming emerald green eyes locked onto hers, his wound leaving him hissing in pain.

"You're awake!" Elsa sighed in relief, letting the wounded prince hold her against his chest.

"I am now, because I heard your voice," Aiden whimpered in pain, clutching his wound. He is shirtless right now, since wearing his tight shirts will hurt the deep bandaged wound. Every muscle of his, the effect of his nonstop fencing and training, is exposed. His shoulders had a muscular build, not too buff but hefty.

Elsa blushed ferociously upon seeing his muscular form, but she knew Aiden had to because of his injury.

"Let me check it," Elsa insisted.

"Let me check you first, how's your bruise?" Aiden stubbornly asked. Elsa shook her head with a chuckle, "It's gone like it's never been there. But your wound—"

"It's nothing, snowflake. Mama, what happened?"

"Your father's been taken to the dungeons for attacking you, and especially Elsa. We've cased him with attempted murder." Helena sighed.

"Huh... Then, he must be stripped off the crown?"

"Son, those are minor matters, you're a major one. You look pale!" Helena voiced dramatically.

"Mama, I am naturally pale." Aiden rolled his eyes good-naturedly. Anna, Kristoff and Elsa snickered, "I'm feeling better, don't worry. I'm patching up quite fast."

"My poor baby boy..." Helena mumbled. She sat down on the other bed to let Elsa get nearer to Aiden. Aiden wrapped his arms around Elsa like she's a precious gem, "I missed you." He whispered. Elsa smirked, "You've only been out for an hour."

"I want you here." He whined.

Elsa kissed his cheek, "I am here. Don't worry. I'm not leaving you. Not ever." She assured.

Helena stared at them both, whispering in disbelief, "Soul mates. My once cold son got a soul mate... thank you Lord above."
____________________________________
« T H E  N E X T  D A Y »

A bright autumn day welcomed Elsa's face, yet she covered it with a pillow in annoyance to her sleep. She groggily sat up in her nightgown, sensing her sister's absence in their shared bedroom. Anna's bed was empty and ruffled in a mess, leaving Elsa to sigh knowing she'd be the one to fix it up properly.

The door opened, a certain black-haired, pale-skinned, and green-eyed prince grinning up at her. Aiden walked up to her bed, kissing her on her lips, "Good morning my queen." He greeted, holding her hands tightly. Elsa smiled against his lips, leaning up at him lazily.

Aiden nuzzles her cheek, stroking her hair, "Feeling alright?" He questioned.

Elsa nodded, "It's a chilly day, one of the best weather to grace us all. Let me just freshen up and get ready." Aiden nodded approvingly, letting go of her hands and lets her get prepared.

Elsa then paused for a moment.

Then, she gasped, then hurried to the bathroom in a rush.

Ten minutes later, Elsa donned a sleeveless dark red dress, red stilettos, and her hair styled in a french chignon, a black necklace with a dark green pendant clasped around her neck. Her dress had a slight slit in its side, opening as she walked.

Aiden's jaw dropped, "What's the occasion?"

"I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you, there's a festival that will be holding up outside the city later. Everyone is welcomed to join, I just remembered today. I was so caught up with work it slipped out of my mind..." Elsa apologized sheepishly.