Chapter 128: Inflamed Thievery (EP. 03)

Warning: Mild Violence.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
While the fire bird began to push the bassinet nearer to the window, a harsh, forceful tug at her wing interrupted her movements which caused her to lose her glide and flop messily on the floor.

Her glowing amber eyes made contact with cruel green irises which reminded her of infernos. Abaddon smirked and finally lifted his dirty boot, his heel beginning to descend upon her right wing like the demon he is.

A noisy, dazzling blast of heat prevented Abaddon from accomplishing his painful intention. The blinding ball of light threw him against the wall, causing several planks of wood to fall apart from their firm build, creating a large gap.

Cyra gave Helena a grateful smile, tending to her numb limb before finally getting to do what she needed to do. The window slid open, the space large enough for the twins to pass through.

Elsa quickly scooped up both of her infants, tears welling up in her eyes. She kissed and nuzzled their cheeks in relief, which fortunately calmed their noisy cries down into gibberish sniffles.

Aiden brushed his son's hair before planting a fatherly kiss on the Prince's crown, "Thank goodness you're both safe and unharmed."

The two couldn't agree more. Grandpa sure was mean.

"Elsa, you have to return to the other side. You and the children are not safe in this place."

Elsa's mouth parted to breathe out loud protest, her eyes narrowing in a reluctant stare, "But what about y-you? And mama Helena? Heaven knows what your father can do..."

"Aiden, I don't want to lose you again."

There it was, the profound, grim words Aiden knew by heart.

He gently took her hands, careful not to pull too hard since the twins might fall off from their mother, "Nobody's losing anyone. Since when did I break my promises?"

Elsa looked down at one of her children before sighing in defeat, "Just be careful, please. I can sense if you're hurt or not, I just don't want to lose the chance to save you from going too far. Just once..."

"I'm not going to go too far," Aiden planted a kiss on her cheek, "Because I know there's someone waiting for me out there. We have to put an end to this mess," His eyes drifted lovingly in the twins' direction, "Now go."

Elsa squeezed his hand one last time, their palms brushing together perfectly before a flame and a flurry of snow collided and turned into something pink between interlocked fingers.

Magoo calmly escorted the snow queen to the safer side, sadly observing how the blue eyed woman look back at her husband in worry.

Aiden sucked in an overwhelmed breath, his fingers beginning to comb his dark locks nervously. His face hardened before he finally stepped inside the warehouse.
...

"Helena."

"Abaddon."

They said each other's name as if it was an inhumane deed, as if it was something so vile. Ominous green eyes met sullen amber irises, which traced the thick and jagged scar running across the prisoner's left eye.

"The demon finally showed itself," Abaddon sneered, "Fancy seeing you here."

"Says the devil," Helena challenged, "You had the guts to attack your son's family, and if you have some dignity left, you should count the horrible things you had done."

"My, my, attack is such a strong word, Helena," Abaddon mocked, "I did nothing to those useless brats. They sure did take after their parents."

An inflamed fist came flying towards the prisoner's face, but the effect was not how Helena expected. It only took Abaddon's palm to prevent the assault, the wave of force throwing her on the floor instead.