Chapter 184: Eunoia (EP. 01)

Those days are over, Aiden always told himself with a frozen smile. But it can almost be called a grin.

Such days where a dull soul watch a graceful flame flow from a canopied bed afar are over. Days where, a dark haired little prince hugging his knees wondered by the window sill if something different were to happen tomorrow are over.

The days where he tries to fool himself the weight will weigh less soon with the tragic power of coping, enduring, are miraculously over.

Her blue eyes told him so, each dazzling curve of her lips told him so, every move of hers told him so. He watched no depressing candle this time-he only saw how much she cherishes two wriggling, bouncing angels they both have created, and have greedily awaited for.

This time, he would only march up to the window sill just so he could entertain the crying bundle in his endowed arms with a passing sparrow, while she was away, tucked beneath the comfort of the sheets in exhaustion.

He didn't cope this time. Instead, he savored every second of a kiss shared, an embrace's warmth, and how beautiful the treasure he have unexpectedly found. And this.. this moving, fleeting realization that he's no longer lost, the sensation made his chest swell.

Yes, he's simply glad.

Immensely glad. Happy. Euphoric.

"You're really silly, d'you know that?"

Aiden chuckled. He hummed a self composed love song against her hair, amused with himself.

The castle balcony always immersed this itching habit to slip off his jacket and drape it around her exposed shoulders, and just now he realized he couldn't get rid of the mannerism, even though it's completely clear to him the woman in his arms doesn't or will never be bothered by the cold.

"Yes, I know. I'm a very silly person."

The seemingly human incarnate of winter turned around, the scent of pine and citrus greeting Aiden's nostrils. Crimson lips curled upwards, and the King of Arendelle smiled back in return. Their usual gentle give and take.

She looped a pristine arm around his neck, the strapless, dark red dress clinging to all the right places, but his eyes never turned away from her blues. Elsa's favorite unsullied faux fur shawl hung low with the fire king's naval blue jacket as the replacement.

She never fails to take his breath away.

"Do you feel cold?" She questioned in worry.

Aiden shook his head like a dog, "No. My body, with it partially consisting Ignaeran attributes, adjusts to the cold very quickly. My special abilities' instincts will kick in and they will produce the needed amount of heat so I can resist the cold."

"Still, you need this more than I do," Elsa pecked his cheek affectionately, all the while sliding off her husband's main uniform off her porcelain skin, "I can't even feel a single shiver. I'm okay, I promise."

He surveyed her appearance out of curiosity and gave her a goofy grin, folding his arms. "Red suits you like blue."

Her smile shifted into a grin. "I know the holiday ball is not to be held until dusk, but," She dropped her voice into an alluring whisper, and her cold breath tickled his ear, "You're mine in our private chambers before the ball begins. Don't you forget it."

His entire frame stiffened, and the gentle grip his hand has around hers tightened for dear support. The smile plastered on her face looked like a mixture of smug and sexy as her cool fingertips grazed his flustered neck.

She circled around his motionless figure with such feline grace, smirking in satisfaction, but her current demeanor broke down into tatters when she found herself under the mercy of the taller man against the railing.