Chapter 186: Golden Age (EP. 01)

The Observatory Tower is one of the official Arendellian Royal Advisor's most favored spots within castle grounds, and above all else it is one of his distinct workplaces too.

As a mandatory Count yet an entitled Royal Advisor, duties comprising affairs regarding those are fulfilled either in the cozy library or his personal quarters, and since he's a human being too who is not devoid of feelings, Heine wishes for thrill to pay him a visit every once in a while.

Honestly, there are moments he envies the king and the queen. He's not after the kingdom, much to our relief.

Ever since he pledged allegiance to the crown, Heine never forgets to swing in a seat beside the Captain of the Guard and listen curiously to his babbled tales, with Lars sometimes having no choice but to get dragged along for the wild ride due to his friendship with Magoo and Matthias.

Each true story made his plea for some adventure itch more.

So far, his role as spy master isn't as riveting as he pegged it to be. Missions were rarely given and if ever Heine meets one, it can barely be described as challenging. Maybe the two organizations shares the same thought like his-but of course, nobody wants trouble.

Building a proper military army after learning that war strikes at a very untimely second was a head start for Elsa and Aiden to pursue constructing other bona fide teams having the purpose to protect the kingdom when times of need come.

And that decision was a mere choice; Arendelle has more than enough man power and capital to support such. Not every kingdom makes the effort to do an arduous task since it is not really required or needed.

The first organization to be established next to the military army is the Scavenging League, wherein he is positioned as Chief. Members under this team are called "spy masters" which is fitting for the group's purpose-to search, and to gather arcane information whenever, wherever and however difficult. Combative skills are taught to each so they know what to do when dire times occur.

Second is the Technocrat Team. While this group's task is nothing involved with the action, it is their duty to find ways to upgrade the structure and functions of current weaponry. Better news come from them when they inform the king and queen about inventions, seeking their approval.

These two operations work alongside the Military Army, and not only forged to be of assistance. Each has a major responsibility and role, and Heine is simply just proud to be living in Arendelle's Golden Age.

Heine clutched the lapels of his winter coat and shivered silently. The clouds seem invisible with the light pigmentation of the morning sky, and the sun peeked out in the horizon ever so dimly. Christmas is due in less than three days, and each house in the main city looked like pastries topped with the frosting of glittering snow, and his head of hair may be covered with the same white dust if he decided to take his sweet time.

Sighing, Heine carefully extended his telescope's length and surveyed through the eyepiece, smiling in satisfaction as he examined from afar, every minty breath like smoke in the air.

Same old. Pine trees, trunks covered with nice patterns of frost-miniature hills of snow, branches consisting dangerous yet beautiful pieces of crystalline icicles.

The scenery made him feel at ease with its tranquil appearance, and he doubted anyone from his league would have the guts to take their horses out in the wilderness for an early ride.

Well, he's not entirely right.

"Chief Schmidt," Booted footsteps clicked against the cobblestone, "I'm deeply sorry for disturbing your solitude... But you are the only one in the team who has the authority to aware the king with the information I've gotten from the rest."