Chapter 182: Winter's Warmth

Elsa smiled in her sleep.

What a wondrous dream she had, hopefully saying that does not jinx anything. Nightmares have abruptly stopped invading her tranquil dreamscape, ever since the unpleasant memory of her latest near death experience with the neutral creature named Fear, as Aiden have explained with utmost detail.

She hummed while her lips broke into a silly grin, she murmured sweet nothings about the gorgeous reverie that consisted of pale wysteria blossoms with the surroundings of daisy meadows, warm and cold breaths mingling together as they rolled around the lush green grass like reality doesn't exist.

And when he finally stood up with his two arms supporting his weight, smile never faltering, he began leaning in with his eyes that reminded her of scarce emerald closed, ready to capture her awaiting lips...

The bedside is empty.

Eyes snapping open in alarm, Elsa sat up and whirled her head around, seeing no signs of the King of Arendelle this gorgeous winter morning.

Though the skies looked exceptionally dull and the clouds seemed invisible, the snow pouring in beyond her control never ceased to take her breath away.

She sighed and sank back into the pristine sheets, curling up and thinking whatever could her husband be up to now, the ghostly scent of pine tickling her nostrils.

Mysteriously enough on rare occasions like this, Aiden does not forget to leave little notes notifying her of an early leave.

"Looking for me, snowflake?"

Elsa immediately turned to the other side and furiously blushed when there she found what she wanted. With his nose grazing hers, Aiden's face was dangerously close, and his lips were nearly an inch away from her cherry red pair.

"Hey..." She sleepily greeted, giving him a gratifying chaste kiss and protectively snaking her arms around his torso, "Stop  leaving me like that."

"Apologies," He offered her a sheepish smile, content with her touch.

"You smell like sweat," She wrinkled her nose playfully and tore herself away from his embrace, eyeing his recent attire with a scanning gaze, "Where'd you go?"

Grinning widely, the King of Arendelle slid off from the cozy mattress and skillfully balanced a tray filled with smoking breakfast and his wife's favorite delicacies and gifted her with a kiss on the side of her head, revealed to be donning an impressively neat apron on top of his nightshirt and striped pajamas with his his figure entirely standing.

Elsa's heart swelled alongside a drowsy yet surprised smile.

"I wanted to make it up to last night's immaculate Fårikål."

"Why is my fluffy husband unnecessarily making up for something?" Elsa crooned, kneeling on the side of the bed and wrapping her arms around his neck, aware of the food resting on their night stand, nuzzling her face to his chest. “And I thought you were unfortunately not blessed with the ability to cook?"

"Good morning by the way," He hugged her back, finding her ironic warmth soothing next to his.

"To you too," Elsa nods and flopped back down on the bed, propping herself up and patting her lap, "So, what have you whipped up this fine day, thy handsome cook?"

"Nothing much. Just some bacon, eggs, chocolate flavored pancakes—"

"Dear gods, where have this been all my life?" Elsa nearly squealed, licking the complimentary frosting off her luscious bottom lip, "Oh yes, lover, you definitely cannot cook," She smirked with intense sarcasm.

"Glad you liked it."

"Like? I love it!" She threw her arms around him once more and pulled him into a brief, rewarding kiss, "You're just too much. You should cook more often."

"Of course," Aiden dreamily thumbed on his flustered lips, "Why wouldn't I? I can even prepare a feast if you want. No problem."

"Just let me finish this up," Elsa chuckled, picking up the silver utensils, "Before our little troublemakers can blink an eye."

"No, please take your time and eat well," Aiden reassures, taking his place beside the silent bassinet, "I'm here. I won't leave."

"Any activity plans for today?" Elsa questioned after taking a graceful bite from her admired pancakes, "Hm?"

"Well I was surprised to find Anna wide eyed and bushy tailed five o'clock in the morning when I was making a bee line for the kitchens," Aiden responds, "Talked with her for a little while and she already have something in mind. Something that has to do with the attic of the castle?" He cluelessly wondered.

Elsa pondered for a short second, slicing a piece from her breakfast before finally realizing what her sister means. "Oh, I see it now. You're surely going to enjoy this, lover."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"And this, is my old sparring sword," Aiden meticulously did a stunt, swinging the wooden toy in the air with suppressed laughter at his actions, "You can always ask mama why I always pretend to be a warrior when I was five."

"You were quite the havoc back then," Helena teased, sitting next to the glowing lamp that lit up the dim area of the attic, "Scaring the poor maids with boisterous battle cries as if you have sworn for war, chasing old breathless Ronald with carton armor."

Elsa heartily laughed, very much entertained by her husband's dramatic make-do show as she held their equally satisfied twins who cooed and giggled at their father's hilarious movements, swinging their socked feet in giddy mirth.

Aiden smiled at the gorgeous sight, eyes growing half lidded in awe at the family he have made.

Flinging her own trunk open, Anna enthusiastically slid on her particular viking helmet, sorcer's cloak and dragon feet mittens and mocked a roar, "Come, thy fair hero! Try to slay thee to win the heart of your queen!" She gestured to the Snow Queen who placed a hand on her chest, trying to play along her sister and her husband's theatrics.

"Fret not, lovely maiden!" Aiden smirked, 'protecting' his family with a wooden shield and blade, "For I have the strength of hundreds!"

"Well then, your trial starts now noble knight!" Anna challenged with subdued laughter, pretending to pose a threat and waving her massive 'claws' around.

Stumbling on the floor, Aiden feigned to be wounded and scooped up his squealing daughter and took a gentle hold of her embonpoint hand, "Pshu! Pshu! Perish, thy petrifying dragon! My adorable side kick's magic will end you once and for all!"

"Oh no!" Anna whined, slowly lowering her stance and pretending to collapse I  defeat, "I've been over powered and slain!"

"Yey! Aria is the heroine!" Aiden cheered, bouncing his laughing four month old victoriously, "Way to go!" He chirped, smothering the child's cheeks with fluttery kisses.

Helena winks and found out it's her cue. Aiden nods with a wide grin and allowed his mother to take their two babbling children, before taking his startled wife in his arms bridal style and capturing her lips in a passionate personified kiss, "I have won the Queen's heart!"

"You have already silly, long before," Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly.

"What's the next show?" Olaf asks in interest.

"Pigtail Girl and Pungent Reindeer King."

To be continued
on the next chapter...