Chapter 151: Right Next To Your Heartbeat (EP. 02)

𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄 | 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦

"Well, that was one pleasant meeting finished at last," Elsa commented as she organized a stack of documents with a heavy sigh of exhaustion.

She cleared her throat before continuing, "Although, Count Peter just loves to intervene with my responses. And seriously, I already did the equation with the amount of wool and ice we will trade with Seiveil yearly— he keeps lessening it into five ships! The nerve of that frilly clothed– ugh!" The ice queen groaned in dismay with balled fists.

Aiden subdued an amused bark of laughter between gritted teeth while swiftly sliding off his naval blue tailcoat, finding it terribly starchy to wear.

He properly folded the major part of the formal uniform before placing it on the seat of a wing chair, groping his pockets to check if the small box is still in there. To his relief, it was indeed where he left it.

"Frilly, huh?" Aiden chuckled, "I can tell he's been wearing... unappealing clothing lately. He goes overboard with the ruffles and such nowadays."

"His taste in fashion is just like his character," Elsa walked closer to the King of Arendelle to fix his distorted white cravat with a small smile of appreciation, "Thanks to you, you managed to pull him down and firmly decide on ten ships. My genius husband."

"Oh, it was nothing," Aiden blushed at her words of praise, "Count Peter exaggerated with cutting the quantity in half. Seems a bit too far fetched, don't you think?"

"Indeed," She stood on her tip toes and gave him a rewarding kiss on his cheek, "You've been caging yourself in your study and you don't even notice it. Take a little rest."

"Weekends exist, don't you worry," He trailed a thumb on the corner of her lips, "I'm not the only one working too hard here. You should give yourself some credit, too."

"Your embrace is credit enough, my king," Elsa replied with a soft hum, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind, "And don't you start off with weekends. I heard you'll be observing the new recruits this Sunday."

Ever since the major conflict with the country of Weselton, Elsa and Aiden finally resolved to a decision of building a proper Arendellian Military. Superior ranks were less easy to fill in, but the junior ones are a piece of cake to Lieutenant Matthias, Captain Lars and of course our most delightful general. This legendary trio is Arendelle's finest.

"Ah, right, the cadets," Aiden nervously tugged on his collar, "It's not much of a tiring activity, I assure you."

"Ahuh," Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly, "Sure."

"Besides," Aiden smiled knowingly, finally taking out the mysterious box from his pocket, "I have something for you that I hope you will like."

He carefully pulled on the ribbon's edge; thus untying the little gift he picked up from the jewelry store this morning. He opened the cover with a shy grin, presenting the accessory to his wife.

Laid on the tiny cushion is a pure silver necklace with an average sized heart pendant which glimmered vividly as a ray of sunlight hits it.

It held a very charming aura, but the necklace's simplicity is what made Elsa fall in love with it.

A shining memory of her husband's proposal flashed through her mind as she examined the object further with sparkling awe.

"I-it's so beautiful," She gushed with an adorable twinkle in her surveying blue irises, "And it's for me?" Her heart swelled deeply.