About The Curse

" When did this happen? "

Tarung and Koko Ci stared at the markings on Thunder's arm. Thunder shrugged at the question.

" A week ago. I didn't think much of it at first because I thought it was just a tiny bruise. But then, it started increasing... " he explained before trailing off into silence.

" And you didn't think to tell us when it started increasing? " scolded Kaizo, but Thunder just shrugged another time at the question.

" What is it then? What's this infection's name? " Tarung asked Solar, having full faith in him that he would know the answer. But when Solar glanced at him with worry in his eyes, Tarung internally panicked.

" I don't know, Pa. I've never seen anything like this before in any of the books I've read, " he answered, making his friends gasp in horror.

Solar realised the horrified and worried gazes on everyone's faces. He, too, was at a loss, but it was only temporary. He lifted his head away from staring at Thunder's marks.

" But the restricted section, " he thought out loud. His gaze was jumping from one person to another, all of them having the look of realisation.

Finally, Solar turned to his pa, waiting for his answer. When Tarung met his gaze, his brows furrowed.

" Well, what are you waiting for? Invade that restricted section! " he yelled.

Solar smirked, his non-biological brothers following after. With their friends on their tails, they helped Thunder up and ran to the library.

" Will the information we need be in there, master? " asked Kaizo as he watched his students run off.

Tarung got up to his feet with a sigh, he, too, watched the teenagers run off. " I'm sure it will be there. It's up to them to see if they will keep going or not. "

..............

The librarian had given permission to let them in the restricted section, with the help of Tarung's name of course.

They started pouring their hearts and souls into finding whatever Thunder had. Heck, even Gopal looked through a book or two!

Cyclone and Yaya took care of the books on higher shelves and even flew up to the second floor for some books. Everyone used their powers to their advantages. Fang summoned his shadow panther to help him out a little bit.

" Help me take that over here, buddy, " Fang said to his shadow friend, his eyes fixated on the contents of the book he was reading. The panther roared softly and did as his master had told.

Quake and Thunder shared the same line of shelves. Both of them read books bigger than their hands combined. After going through the contents of his book, Quake closed it shut. " It isn't in this book either. We've already looked half of the shelves here, " he groaned, putting the boom back in its place.

Thunder lifted his eyes from his book and stared at Quake. " Patience wields focus, brother. Let's not give up yet, yeah? " he comforted. Quake sighed but smiled at Thunder. Thunder helped to take out a book for Quake and handed it to him. Quake accepted the book with a smile.