The First Ingredient

Quake awoke to darkness. Nothing but darkness. His limbs went against his command to move, so he stayed laying there on what he thought was a bottomless pit of, once again, darkness.

A pit, he thought. Yet, he never fell. He laid there as if there was a floor holding him up. Where am I? He asked himself. His mouth was open, yet no voice came out. Was he dead? Was he dreaming? He didn't know.

He thought his mind was playing tricks on him, but he could see foggy figures on the ceiling he had to choice but to face. Figures of humans, he confirmed. They were moving. Quake tried to decipher what they were doing.

They seem distressed, Quake thought to himself. His eyebrows furrowed in concern. Are they alright? Do they need help? If only he could break free from this odd paralysis, he could aid them!

He couldn't shout at them, no matter how much he tried. But, he could very faintly hear their voices. It wasn't all audible, but Quake could at least catch some words.

" - alright? "

" - broken - worry- "

Quake was worried. Who was hurt? Were they hurt badly? Oh, how he wanted to help them?

" - father - mo- "

Father? M.. mother? Quake asked himself. Laying there, he couldn't help but wonder... Where were his mother and father? Why weren't they there with him? Did they leave him? Did they abandon him?

So many questions, yet no one was there to answer them. Quake could hear full sentences now.

" He needs rest as well. He shouldn't be walking around with that kind of condition. "

" Thank you, but I'm perfectly fine. Tend to my brother. "

Quake could hear shattering of glass. He began to feel heavy, his eyes weighing a ton every second. He was panicking, he was scared.

" What's going on! Quake, wake up! "

" He's having a panic attack! Do not crowd him! "

Quake didn't know what was happening. The floor that was supporting him suddenly became nonexistent, he could feel himself falling into the bottomless void of nothingness.

" Quaky, breathe with me, okay? I know you're scared, but you're safe now. "

He was safe? He was not falling?

" We're here, Quaky. You don't have to be scared. Now, breathe with me. In, and out... In and out... "

Quake followed as told. In and out. In and out. The falling feeling was disappearing, he felt himself being supported once more. The whole time, his eyes were closed out of fear. Slowly, he opened them, the bright light invading his eyes immediately.

Once adjusted, he could now see figures hovering over him, smiling from ear to ear.

" Welcome back, Quake. "