Worst Time

" You seem sleepy, Thundy. Did you not sleep well last night? You didn't pull an all nighter, did you? "

" I'm fine, Cyclone. I just tossed and turned a bit. "

" You sure you didn't stay up reading another book again? "

" Yes, Cyclone. I couldn't even if I wanted to. "

Quake giggled at the friendly argument between his two elder brothers. Cyclone had been protective of Thunder ever since they were young, even though Thunder was the big brother. It never failed to make Quake's day to see them like that.

They had agreed to wake up as early as 7 in the morning, like they always did. Kaizo has suggested to give them a tour around Latorai that day, and they graciously accepted. Quake ruffled his hair as he looked himself at the mirror, smiling when he saw what he liked.

" So, are we ready to go? " he asked his brothers. Cyclone gave him a thumbs up while Thunder just nodded as he swung his sword.

With that, they dimmed the lights and exited their room. They saw Kaizo leaning comfortably leaning against the wall next to his room. He veered to them and they greeted him with respect. " Good morning, kids. Had a good sleep? " he asked them, to which they nodded. " Good. After the others get here, we will bid the King and Queen goodbye and we'll fetch our horses to the village. Sound good? "

The three eldest brothers agreed and not a few minutes later, everyone was present. Kaizo did a mental roll call before leading them out of the hallway. The King and Queen were at their thrones, already attending to some business as it seemed. In the midst of it all, King Aiden caught sight of them.

" Hello, my friends! A pleasant morning to you! Where are you headed? " he greeted with a wide smile. The brothers and Kaizo didn't hesitate to bow to the King.

" Good morning, your Highnesses. We just wanted to take a look around the town of Latorai a bit, so we will take our leave soon, " answered Kaizo, earning nods of support from the brothers.

" By all means! Do have fun, my friends! We hope to impress you throughout your tour! " beamed Queen Lilian, politely dismissing a servant next to her. Once again, they bowed to the Royalty before them.

" We look forward to it, Queen Lilian. We will leave now, so do excuse us, " smiled Cyclone. At his signal, they straightened and went out the big front door. They took awhile to take in the beautiful scenery of the gardens in front of them before asking a servant for the direction of the stables.

" They groomed you well, girl. What a beauty you are, " complimented Cyclone as he stroked the mane of his well groomed mare. He and Thunder locked eyes for a minute and Cyclone smiled at his brother who fed his mare an apple.

" We'll take them for the tour too. Let's mount, boys! " Kaizo ordered. The brothers did as told and they rode out of the gates that were pulled down for them by a guard.

They slowed their pace when they reached a more crowded area of the town. They let Kaizo and Thunder lead the way while they trail them from behind. Leaf pointed out a flower shop and made sure to report to Solar about it all the time. Knowing he would be a target, Solar couldn't help but give in to his big brother's excitement.

The twins gave their all to greet every person they come across on their stallions. Their bright smiles seemed to bring wide smiles to everyone as well. Cyclone watched fondly as Quake pointed out the things that appealed to his eyes.