Hope Lost

*WARNING: Mentions of blood, images with blood, and violence though it is not too detailed.*

................

Magic spikes aimed and released towards Ice, who was held down by a strong force of dark magic. He made effort to reach for his bow and arrow, only for them to be just out of his reach.

" Ice! " Blaze leaped in front of his twin brother to protect him. His eyes glowed a fiery orange color as he drew a rune spell and pushed it to the spikes, melting them instantly. In another heartbeat, Ice was released from the dark magic thanks to Solar.

Another attack came as fast as lightning towards Blaze. Ice did not think twice to push him aside and get the full blast of the attack, sending him backwards into the open forest. The fierce attack left a bloody scar on his cheek.

" Be cautious, everyone! " warned one of his brothers

" Be cautious, everyone! " warned one of his brothers. Upon seeing another attack from the dark mage, Ice quickly summoned his magic replica of his weapon and instantly charged forward, some of his brothers not far behind him.

" We need to find a way to get close to him! We can't get a tear from him if the distance is too big! " Solar grunted, knocking a creature unconscious with his magical techniques. Quake and Blaze, who fought alongside him and Ice, heard him and fought to advance forward.

Retak'ka summoned magic dark animals of all kinds, and Cyclone took it upon himself to take on the winged ones. A dark raven dove towards him and he didn't hesitate to destroy it with his magic boomerangs. With magical wings of his own making, he was able to stay in the air longer and out-fly most of the winged creatures.

Leaf aided his air bending brother with some useful tricks of his own. As a child of Mother Nature, he was granted access to all flora around him, from branches of big trees to the smallest of roots. With just a single rune spell he was able to gain full control of the vines and branches around him, grabbing the creatures by the legs and hunting them down one by one.

Quake improvised with magic and melee. He summoned rocks and stones of all kinds from the ground and pushed it towards the creatures, knocking them down little by little. In their haziness, Quake took the opportunity to jab them in the guts with his sword, killing them instantly.

Knowing not to excessively use his magic energy, Thunder stuck to melee. He sliced any dark creature that came his way in half, causing them to turn into molecules of dark magic. He'd throw them off from time to time, letting his brothers take the final blow on some of them. After destroying one he pushed his way, Solar went back to back with Thunder.

" We can't spend too much time on the dark creatures. He's distracting us from the real objective, " he panted behind his brother.