Crystal of Mixture

" Are you ready? "

Leaf stood in the village garden with his non-biological brothers. He took his time to take in that sweet fresh air and feel the soft breeze flow through.

Once satisfied, he turned to his brothers, Solar right behind him, smiling with a book in hand. Leaf smiled at him back. " I am ready, " he answered.

Solar gave him a nod of approval, and stepped forward next to him. He took his eyes off the book for a second and took in the garden around him.

" Most of the flora and fauna listed in this book will be found in this village garden, one of the few gardens containing all kinds of flora in the city, " explained Solar, receiving a nod from Leaf.

" Just tell me the flower and I'll tell you all, " said Leaf. Solar smiled at him in response, receiving a smile back.

They heard their brothers walking towards them, so turned to meet them. " Well, we shall aid you in telling Kaizo you won't be attending practice today, " smiled Cyclone, to which the two brothers smiled back as thanks.

" Are you sure you do not need us to help you? We wouldn't want you to bite off more than you can chew, " offered Quake, looking worried.

" You needn't worry, brother Quake. Solar and I will be able to handle this in a few hours time, " Leaf reassured, Solar agreed with him. He tucked his book next to his hip, his hand securing it.

" Yes, as I have calculated yesterday night, if we spend no more and no less than 5 minutes on one plant we will be able to narrow down the flora within the day, " he smiled. " Or better yet, we will be able to figure out the true holder of the petal. "

Small laughter chimed in the air. The twins pat their little brothers on the shoulders. " We bid you good luck. If you need any assistance, we are available at any moment and time, alright? " Ice said to them. They approved of this and Finn gave them off a playful nudge.

" Come on now. We mustn't keep Thunder waiting at the academy for too long. We might even get a beating from Kaizo for almost being late again, " warned Quake, already ready to head out of the garden. Cyclone nodded in agreement with him.

Solar suddenly seemed concerned. " That's right. Why isn't Thunder here with you? Has he gone to the academy on his own? " he asked.

Cyclone smiled sadly at him. " He didn't want to put too much pressure on you two. He told Quake and I that he would be waiting for us with Kaizo at the academy, " he answered. Leaf and a Solar knew that they didn't want to say much about this matter, so they just nodded and didn't mind Thunder's absence.

" We understand. Ah, Solar, would you look at the time! You must get going! Do not get fate take its course so easily! " Leaf and Solar laughed, pushing their brothers towards the door out of the garden, their brothers laughing along with them playfully.

" We will leave you two to do this task then. Remember, if you need any help- "

" -We can always ask you for help, we know, Blaze. You needn't worry! Run along now! " Leaf and Solar pushed their brothers oit of the garden and into the building before them. When it was finally silence, they realized how quiet it was. They both looked at each other at the same time, and they both giggled together.