Hoof Prints In The Snow (FINALE)

" Solar! WHAT are you doing? "

Solar winced when he, once again, got caught by his big brother Leaf. He had tried to at least get a glimpse at Thunder, who was sent to bed rest at home after two long days of resting in the Academy Infirmary. Solar was not allowed to see Thunder since he himself needed just as much rest as his big brother did.

Well, that and the fact that Solar will absolutely never leave Thunder's side once he sees a single strand of hair from the oldest, especially in such an exhausting state.

Solar pouted, " Ah... Leaf... " he sighed in defeat. Leaf crossed his arms, sighing softly at his rebelling little brother.

" I leave for a few minutes to get you your glass of water and I come back to find you sneaking out again. You're just being desperate now, Sol, " he teased, walking towards him and picked him to his feet.

Solar gave another exasperated and dramatic sigh, letting himself be picked up by Leaf. " Leaf... Don't do this to me... " he whined, but proceeds to follow Leaf back to his room anyway.

" Solar, you have a cold that's not completely gone yet and I'm supposed to keep you out of trouble, not into it. " Leaf ignored Solar's whining, but couldn't help but smile at it all. " I can't believe you're making me use my bad arm. Such inconsideration! " He led Solar to bed and let him get comfortable. Once he was, he handed the glass to him.

" I don't understand! Why won't you let me see him! " Solar whined, wiggling his feet to show his frustration.

" Because we know how you get when one of us aren't feeling well. We won't be able to get your arms off of him. "

Despite being displeased, Solar reluctantly obeyed everything Leaf said to do, taking his medicine and didn't revolt when he checked his temperature. Leaf smiled softly at the pouting youngest. He grabbed Solar by the shoulders and pushed him into his pillow.

" Alright, it's about time for you to rest. You're nearly 4 minutes late. "

" Hey! I'm not a kid anymore! "

" You are to me, Sol-Sol! "

Solar groaned into his pillow, letting out fake crying sounds. He suddenly went silent, removing the pillow to look at Leaf who sat on his bed next to him. His eyes moved towards the older's bandaged arm and plastered cheeks.

" Are you okay? " he asked him. Leaf sent him a reassuring smile and a small nod.

" I'm fine. I should be able to remove it by next week. Really wish I could say the same for you. " Leaf's gaze glided over Solar's heavily bandaged leg and arm. Solar gave him a breathy laugh, smirking a bit.

" It's nothing serious. I'm lucky. You pushed me away just in time. " Ever since the end of the battle, Solar had bombarded Leaf with an unearthly amount of apologies, countless buckets' worth of tears and hugs for an abnormal amount of times. Leaf was no different, accepting those apologies and giving comfort with just as much tears and hugs.

Leaf smiled as he pulled the blanket up till Solar's neck. " Go on and sleep. I'll come by again to check your temperature. Don't go sneaking away! You'll do more harm than good to your leg. "