No More Waiting

To Cyclone's relief, Thunder got better as the day went by. He was responding to him now, and was able to show more emotion than before.

" Thunder, I still can't remember. Do you prefer tea or hot chocolate again? " Cyclone asked with a cup in his hand. He smiled when Thunder chuckled a bit.

" Cyclone, I like both. But I definitely would like to have a nice cup of tea right now. " Cyclone giggled at his answer and proceeded to make said cup of tea for him. Careful not to spill any tea, he took small steps towards Thunder's bed.

" Added some lemon for your throat, " he informed before handing a Thunder the cup. Thunder nodded him a thanks, holding the cup with both hands.

" I honestly don't know what happened this morning. It felt like I was in a whole other world. It felt so weird. " Cyclone's smile faded away at Thunder's statement. He pulled in a chair and sat at his bedside.

" You really don't remember anything from a few hours ago? "

Thunder shook his head and softly blowed on his tea. After taking a small sip of it, he put it back down on his lap supported by his hands. " It was so dark. I couldn't lift or move any of my arms of legs. My body just.. Completely went against my orders. " He lifted his head to face Cyclone. Cyclone noted his eyes had a hint of fear in them. " I was so scared... "

Cyclone didn't hesitate to hug his big brother tightly, careful not to bump into the hot cup between them. " It's okay. You're here now, that's all that matters, " he reassured as he played with Thunder's semi mullet.

Thunder nodded to accept the act of reassurance. " I know. "

Cyclone broke the hug and let Thunder take a few more sips of his tea. He stayed by the bed and started small conversations with him from time to time until the cup was quarter full.

Thunder suddenly remembered something. " The townspeople. Are they okay? "

" Mm... Your guess is as good as mine. I haven't got the chance to check on them yet. The twins went down to help them remove the damage though, " Cyclone shrugged. He knew that look in Thunder's eyes. " Do you wanna go help them? "

As if on cue, Thunder's eyes lit up a bit and he nodded. Cyclone smiled at his adorable response.

..............

" Blaze, I told you not to move such sizes of concrete on your own! "

The damage caused by the fire was worse than they had interpreted to be, almost nothing was left behind and even if there were, they were all burnt to a crisp. The walls were all charred and the ceilings collapsed from the lack of support.

" You were taking too long so I went to do it ahead of you! " Blaze retorted. His hands waiting to lift the broken piece of ceiling were painted with his orange magic energy, giving him better endurance and strength to do the heavy lifting.

Ice scoffed and wasted no time to get to the opposite side of the piece, his hands glowing his own color of magic energy. " I'm the younger one, yet you wish to be so reckless, " he shot back, his voice straining mid sentence as he and Blaze finally lifted the piece of ceiling.

" Well, you've never complained so- " Blaze grunted when he and his brother placed the concrete on the ground outside the house, letting their arms and magic rest. Ice leaned on the piece and gave an exaggerated sigh.