Terrorists

Hands were together in a way of prayer, the thumbs playing a game of tug of war as Quake kept his eyes closed. He was standing in the middle of a circle of flat ground a little bit away from the village, but near enough to be away from danger. Below his feet was his element, earth.

Quake took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, his chest rising and lowering with the rhythm as he felt the cold morning breeze in his multi-brown colored hair, his color coded cape flowing gracefully behind him. His eyelids opened to reveal bright and mesmerizing yellow eyes, possibly one with the sun.

" Quake, " chimed in a familiar voice behind him. Quake removed his hand from his chest and veered to his visitor. A warm smile appeared on his face. " Thunder, " he greeted softly. " You're here. "

The eldest brother simply sighed as he made his way towards Quake. " What are you doing here? Did I not tell you guys to go on without me today? " Quake asked him politely, his expression showing no signs of annoyance.

" They are on their way to the academy as we speak, little brother. I told them to go ahead me, that's all, " Thunder replied as he sighed in minor annoyance. " It isn't like I have to be there anyway. All I do is sit still and look pretty. "

Quake chuckled gently at Thunder's rarely shown childishness. Thunder shook his head a little bit before facing Quake once more. " I just wanted to see how you're doing, and if you need any sort of assistance, " explained Thunder. His eyes looked away from Quake's. " IF.... You need any sort of assistance. "

Quake played with his fingers behind his back underneath his cape as a habit. He smiled at Thunder. " As much as I would love for someone to aid me in this task, there is no one who is a trained Earth bender other than me in this village, " he admitted modestly. Now Thunder could see that his smile was a sad one. " I am the only one who can retrieve the green crystal. I'm the only one you can help you. "

That's where Thunder felt so guilty about. Having his brothers aid him so much than what he had wanted. He never wanted his family or friends to spoon feed him, or help him in any difficulties. His guilt was visible in his eyes.

" I'm deeply sorry, Quake. For putting you through this troubling time. I'm sorry I can't do anything to ease this burden I've put on you. I'm sorry- "

" What? No! Please, " Quake urged, shock in his eyes. He clasped Thunder's hands in his own, and looked at him in those eyes full of guilt. Quake gave him another smile of comfort. " You are my brother, my friend, my family. No matter what, I will do anything to help you through your difficulties. I know you hear it often, and maybe you're fed up of hearing it, but it's the truth. "

Quake let go of Thunder's hands and extended his hand out into the distance, facing the ground. Thunder watched as it glowed a majestic brownish yellow color and a substance flew into the palm, the fingers of the hand closing together to catch hold of the object.

Quake returned his attention to Thunder with another smile. He extended his hand in front of him, and slowly opened it. Resting on his palm was a small yet beautiful red crystal, though a little dirty, it was no less than lustrous. " Here, it's for you. It's to remind you how precious you are to me; to us, " he assured, putting the precious stone in Thunder's hands and closing them himself.

Thunder sighed as he moved his gaze from the stone to Quake. " Just... Know that this means a lot of me.. " he said softly. Quake smiled and nodded to him in response. Thunder nodded in return and slowly turned his back, walking back into the village.