An Invite

It felt like sighing was part of his daily routine now. All throughout last night and in the early hours of dawn, Thunder was practically awake for the whole thing, sighing and sighing over and over again.

There was only silence in the academy infirmary. The grandfather clock that sat at the corner of the room was the only thing that broke through the creepy silence.

Thunder laid on the hospital bed, staring at the ceiling for whoever knows how long. He honestly had been waiting for someone to come in the room, to either check on them or wake them up, but not many people came through the night either.

He finally took his gaze off the ceiling and veered to his little brother, who was sleeping soundly in the bed next to him. Seeing his little brother safe and in peace eased Thunder's nerves a bit. Thunder kept his watchful ruby eyes on Quake until, finally, the door opened.

Thunder removed his gaze from Quake and turned around to see who came in. An adorable smile greeted him alongside the bright light from the halls. " Oh, you're awake, Thunder, " Cyclone whispered as he silently closed the door behind him, his smile never frowning.

" How are you doing? " he whispered as he went over to Thunder's bedside. He silently took a chair and placed it down as quietly as he could, a playful grimace forming on his face as the chair made a little thud.

" Bored out of my life. Quake was out like a light the moment you walked out of the room, " Thunder sighed, caressing his fingers around his bandaged arm. He glanced worriedly at Quake, who was still deep in sleep.

Cyclone looked at Thunder with loving eyes. " How are your injuries? " he asked.

" It was never that bad. "

" Says you who almost sprained your arm. "

" I could handle myself just fine. "

Cyclone sighed. " Good heavens, Thundy. If I hadn't stopped you from further attacking those terrorists, you would've been in a shape much worse than this. They learnt their lesson, they understood to not mess with Rintis again. "

Thunder darted his eyes to Cyclone. " What else did you expect me to do? They almost killed Quake, Cyclone, " he interjected.

" Which they didn't, because you were able to stop them before they could. The lesson was taught, and there was no need for slaughter. " Cyclone frowned at Thunder, who didn't let his guard down. Not wanting to start a fight, Cyclone softened his expression and stared at Thunder.

" All I am trying to say is that Quake is safe, and that you could rest. You did swimmingly, Thunder. You really did, " he comforted. His put his hand on Thunder's marked hand and caressed it with his thumb. He breathed out a small laugh.

" Now before you ask, I stopped you because you are my big brother and that I love you no matter what the cost. Now, let's get you washed up and ready for breakfast, yeah? We'll leave Quake a letter crystal when we head out. "

Thunder agreed and with Cyclone's unwanted but appreciated help, he stepped out of bed and got ready for the day. Once he was equipped and done, Cyclone and he shared a letter crystal to leave Quake a little voice note.

After placing the crystal safely on Quake's bedside table, they walked out of the infirmary and joined the others at the canteen, where they were all having breakfast.