Chapter Twelve

His shoulders, his face, his hair.. his forEHEAD MY DEATH—

Who do you think is the real enemy? Justify your answer. (This seems like an essay type part of an exam eye—)

Chapter written on: December 25, 2019 (Merry Christmas, y'all!)

וו×

I Think it's Brave

I think it's brave that you get up in the morning even if your soul is weary and your bones ache for a rest.

I think it's brave that you keep on living even if you don't know how to anymore.

I think it's brave that you push the waves rolling in every day and you decide to fight.

I know there are days when you feel like giving up, but I think it's brave that you never do.

— Lana Rafaela.

וו×

He sat there, in the stairs of the gazebo, oddly relaxed. What a good actor, you are Han Jisung...

Hands slowly held my shoulders from behind, similar to how a snake holds their prey's figure, “Have you finally come to your senses?”

I relaxed my shoulders upon realizing who the unexpected visitor is, “Yes, I'm sorry for doubting you Chan...”

“It's fine, baby girl. As you said, he really is a good actor,” Chan whispered against my earlobe, sending shivers down my spine.

I simply nodded, my gaze set on Jisung's figure. He looked up, felt someone staring at him.

He smirked at me.

I glared as hard as I can and entered the room, away from his deceitful eyes.

ווו

“Finally realized it?” I almost jumped at the voice but relaxed as soon as I realized that it was Woojin.

I let out a deep breath, looking at the view by the window, “Yeah, he just didn't strike me as that kind of person, you know?”

He raised his brow and looked at me looking bemused, “Really now?”

I shook my head, “Well... you can say that. I was a bit suspicious at first, but... I'm still not satisfied at how things is going,”

“Why so?”

“Well, for starters, one of my questions are answered, but I feel like that discovering the answer to that question is similar to finally opening a door in which you don't know what lies on the other side, instead of discovering what really lies behind that, it just leads me to other series of doors that lead to who knows where,”

“In my opinion, the best place to gain knowledge while being surrounded by tranquility is the library,”

I didn't respond, but I knew that he knows that I heard him loud and clear, but out of the blue I asked, “Can I hug you?”

He did not respond fora minute or two, and for a moment there I was scared that he left me standing there like a fool awaiting for his answer, instead I felt his warm embrace around my figure.

“Sure...”

“Thank you...”

Thank you, Woojin.