Epilogue: The Last

Chapter written on: April 13, 2020

I can't believe this is ending :((

וו×

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I blinked, once

I blinked, once. Twice. Thrice.

"I-I.... I'm alive... I'm alive...!" I said, sitting up as briskly as I can in my injured body and felt my body, my arms to make sure I was really alive.

I felt a contented smile make its way to my face, tears streaming down my face. Tears of joy.

I have never in my life thought that releasing tears of joy was this relieving. My chest feels so clear, I can finally breathe again.

I can finally live my life like it was before. Although it was lonely, consists of many people looking at me weirdly... I still prefer that life over what I had just experienced within the Stray Kids manor.

But, the others...

"Oh, you're awake,"

Looking up, I saw a nurse walk in the room with a clipboard hugged to her chest. Smiling politely, she made her way to the side of the bed and check the dextrose, my vitals in silence.

"Hyunjin...?" I asked, just in case it was really Hyunjin taking form of one of the nurses in here.

"Who?" She politely asked.

She's too polite and kind to be Hyunjin...

"Oh, nothing..." I shook my head.

Disregarding what I said earlier, she looked at me and said,"Since you're awake now, I'll go get the doctor who was in charge of you. He wanted me to inform him as soon as possible when you open your eyes,"

"Send him my gratitudes," I said politely before she made her way out of the door.

וו×

Minutes has passed and the doctor has yet to arrive

Minutes has passed and the doctor has yet to arrive. I occupied myself by staring out the window, taking in the beautiful scenery of the busy city. I couldn't stop smiling.