Prolouge

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dragonstone 281 AC

  The flames from candles danced around as the wind howled and whistled. Lightening clashed and thunder roared, echoing throughout the halls of Dragonstone.

  Viserys jumped, frightened by the storm. His mother Rhaella grabbed onto his hand, and Viserys was no longer frightened from the storm but the possibility of losing his mother tonight. Viserys looked to his mother; sickly pale skin and covered in sweat from being in labour all night while blood coated her lower region.

One of Rhaella's handmaidens came running back with new cloth to wipe her forehead with. She handed them to Viserys.

He grabbed and dipped it in the pale of water, then laid it across Rhaella's forehead. She was getting paler by the minute, and Viserys started to tear up. He looked at the baby bump on her belly.

Rhaella shook his hand enough to gain his attention. Viserys finally met his mother's gaze as a tear fell down his cheek. "Please, do not leave me, mother," his voice cracked.

Rhaella slightly glanced down knowingly. She knew she wasn't going to make it after the babe was delivered. She gave him a gentle smile, violet eyes glossy, "No matter what happens tonight, you need to protect your baby brother or sister. You understand me?" a tear slipped from her violet eye.

Viserys only nodded. His pink lips parted to reply, but the handmaiden interrupted, "You are going to have to push harder, Your Grace," she told Rhaella, urgently.

Rhaella turned to her handmaiden, "Remember what I said." The handmaiden nodded and smiled softly. Rhaella then turned back to her son one last time, "I love you, my son. You have grown into a fine young boy," she told him sadly. "Remember the names I told you," Rhaella brought Viserys's hand to her lips and kissed it softly.

  She then gave one big push, screaming in pain as she held Viserys's hand tightly. An infant's cry broke through Queen Rhaella's screams and the raging storm.

  The handmaiden wrapped the bloodied baby in a blanket and cleaned her before she gave the babe to Rhaella, smiling. "It's a girl, Your Grace."

  Her Grace released the prince's hand, reached for her new born daughter, and held her babe in her final moments. She turned her gaze to Viserys and weakly said, "Stormborn. For she was born in the storm."

  "Daenerys Stormborn," Viserys remembered the name of the babe's a girl. Rhaella took one of her son's hands, looked at Daenerys, and took her final breath. Viserys shook her, "Mother. No, mother!! MOTHER!" he screamed, causing Daenerys to cry.

  The handmaiden quickly ran to Viserys, "You have to go. Take Daenerys with you and go to the docks. There, you will find a groups of the loyalists that will be there waiting for you two." Viserys kept his gaze on his mother's limp body, heartbroken, and took Daenerys's crying body.

  Before he left, the handmaiden had given him some advice on how to raise Daenerys, then he  fled Dragonstone.

  Later that night, Viserys was aboard the ship that would take he and Daenerys to the Free Cities, but the storm had been so rough, it blew the ship off course to King's Landing.