Chapter 13

Unedited

~~~~~~~~

"Ha!" Rhae knocks Devron's sword out of his hands. He groans in frustration and throws his hands up in the air.

"Alright, I'm done!" She laughs, as he just shakes his head, "And you wonder why I don't practice with you..." he mumbles under his breath, picking up the practice sword from the ground.

"Best two out of three?" She shrugs her shoulders, sword in hand still.

Devron walks to a wall full of other swords and weapons, "And lose to you for the hundredth time? No thanks." He laughs out dryly, hanging his sword back on the wall.

She walks up to him at the wall of weapons and stops besides him. "Ah come on. If you always fight with the best swordsman on this ship, you'll become a better swordsman yourself," she points out.

"I don't like practicing with you. It got old four months ago." he says shortly and walks to the exit.

She gasps, "What?! Why not?!"

"Because you're relentless when it comes to fighting." They continue to walk until they reach the main deck. The sun is high in the clear blue sky with crew members working their stations or playing some game on a barrel for entertainment.

"I take that as a compliment." She shrugs her shoulders. Devron stops and looks at her, "What? Why are you giving me that look." She points her index finger at him.

"You can't fight like that in Westeros Rhae," he tells her with a hit of concern in his voice.

"Why not? It's kept me alive for this long in Essos," she points out.

"Westeros is much different than Essos, especially in King's Landing." Rhae studies him to see if he's telling her the truth. From the concern in his voice to the softness in his brown eyes, down to his body posture, she could tell he wasn't lying.

"How different?" She raises an eyebrow.

"The King is feared by all in King's Landing. He's a cruel beast who will kill you without hesitation if he found out how deadly you are with a weapon." He informs before suddenly grabbing her shoulders with his calloused hands. "And if he doesn't kill you first, his mother will." He stares down at her eyes, hoping she'll listen to him. She notices the concern in his eyes and decides to not argue with him like she normally would.

"Okay..." she trails off and sighs, "I won't fight like that then." Devron's shoulders relax at her response. They stare at each other for what seemed like forever.

"Hey lovebirds!" Niclas calls from the helm. Devron and Rhae snap out of whatever trance they were in.

Rhae quickly looks over at Niclas's standing form, "We're not lovebirds old man!" She shouts. Niclas just laughs and descends down the stairs that connected the helm to the main deck. Rhae walks to the other side of the ship where Niclas is, with Devron following close behind.

"That's not what it looked like from where I was standing!" he laughs lightly. He reaches the end of the stairs just as Rhae and Devron pasted the mast. Niclas continues to walk to meet them halfway. "I need you two to follow me," his voice changes once he reaches them. He quickly turns around and walks towards the Captains Quarters in a rush.

Rhae and Devron look at each other with worried faces before following Niclas. Devron is the first to enter the cabin that Niclas long disappeared into, with Rhae a few paces behind. Niclas is stood leaning on his hands behind his desk, staring at something on its' surface with a haunted look on his face that only Rhae seemed to pick up. Once the two reach the desk, Niclas looks up at Rhae with a worried look that disappeared as quick as it came. He then glances at Devron quickly before straightening up his posture.