Chapter 9

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yunkai was Yezzan zo Qaggaz's destination before he attacked Khal Drogo's khalasar. Word had gotten to him about the Khal's wife having three dragon eggs in her possession —knowing the hefty price an egg, let alone three is— he decided to raid the khalasar, in hopes of finding the rare dragon eggs

What Yezzan had gotten was definitely not any dragon's egg, but something that could be worth even more. A girl that no one knew existed, safe for her two siblings the loyalists of the royal family that died many years ago, and her brother two months ago.

So few people knew of her existence and those who did laughed and never believed royal, Westerosi blood flows through her veins. But Yezzan zo Qaggaz didn't know of her heritage or importance of delivering her across the Narrow Sea to King Robert Baratheon.

Yezzan sailed straight to Astaphor, knowing the prize for Rhae would be good. Even though the Slaver Master of Astaphor saw this bloody, beaten and barely alive girl, he took the risk and bought her after Yezzan zo Qaggaz's convincing.

Rhae lies on a bed, still passed out from the attack on her people. A young, dark-skinned woman circa 18 sat by her side. The light tan coloured dress is held up by a thick leather collar around her neck, tan sandals strapped to her feet that match.

A pail of water is at the woman's feet on the floor, a once white balled up piece of fabric in hand that's soaked in water and blood. The water's turned from clear to a dark shade of red from Rhae's blood.

The woman sighed and stood, taking the pail of bloody water to grab fresh water. While she had gone to fill it up, Rhae jolted awake.

She breaths heavily, inhaling sharply when a sharp pain is felt in her belly, shoulder and head. Wrapping an arm around her stomach, Rhae tries to sit.

"No, don't."

A soft voice stopped Rhae. She lifts her head to see the dark-skinned woman coming towards her, the pail of water in hand and fresh cloth in another.

"You need to rest, that way your wounds can heal," she said, reaching Rhae's beside once more. Rhae stares at her, uncertain. She opened her mouth to speak, but the woman stopped her. "Drink this first," she had grabbed the cup that was on the bedside table. Rhae glances at it skeptically. "It's just water. I promise."

Rhae hesitated before she took the cup and downed the entire cup of water in two gulps. She glances at the woman, slowly handing her the cup back. "Who are you," she coughed towards the end, her words hoarse.

"Missandei," the woman smiles softly.

Rhae returned the smile, "That's a beautiful name, Missandei.",

"Thank you . . ." Missandei drawled, both of her dark brows raised in silent question.

"Rhae. Rhae Waters," Rhae went to hold her hand out, but hissed in pain, immediately retracting it back to lay on her belly where the stab wounds are. "I shouldn't have done that . . ." she mumbled, and Missandei heard, chuckling softly.

"I would lay down, if I were you," she continued to chuckle. Rhae nods, and Missandei re-situates the pillows so Rhae would be propped up. Missandei started to clean Rhae's wounds again, when she sat back, "You have a Westerosi name. Are you from Westeros?" Missandei quickly looked up at her, before she's averting them back to the wound.

Rhae thought on the question, considering she just met Missandei. "I was born in Westeros," was all she said. "Where are you from?"

"Naath." Missandei smiled, thinking about her home land.