Chapter 12

"Hey!" Rhae gasps, turning around quickly to see Devron's dimly lit figure coming toward her. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he comes to stand next to Rhae at the railing of the ship.

"It's okay. I was just lost in thought," she turns back around, resting her arms back on the railing.

"It's easy to get lost in thought out at sea," he rests his arms on the railing as well. "What are you doing out here at this time? You should be sleeping,"

"I could say the same to you," she looks at him. He cracks a smile and looks at her,

"I asked first," she gives him a small, barely noticeable smile before looking back out into the sea.

"Clearing my head," she sighs. "Is that a good enough answer for you?" She looks back at him and raises her eyebrow.

"I'll take it, since that's the best I'll get from you," he uses his hands to motion to her.

"And you'd be correct." There was a comfortable silence between them, which Rhae found weird. "So tell me, Devron of the Sea, what brings you up here at this time of night?" She continues to look at him.

"That's not my last name," he looks at her unamused.

"I've known you for quite a while now and I still, don't know your last name," she states with a small smile. This time he turns his head away from her and looks off into the sea. Rhae's smile faded, "I didn't mean to strike a nerve if I did," she says remorsefully.

"No, it's okay. I just don't like talking about my family," he replies softly. "They're dicks." He laughs out sarcastically. Devron sighs and looks over at Rhae who is already looking at him. "I don't even know what my last name would be considered has." He says softly.

She tilts her head, "What do you mean?" He looks back towards the sea.

"My father gave me to Niclas to protect his family name and raised me on Pyke for a year or two before taking me to Winterfell. Niclas thought that not even my father would find us there but he did. It took him eight years to find us, but not because me." He lowers his head.

Rhae took a couple steps closer and rested her hand on his shoulder, "I'm not going to tell you that I know what you went threw, but it'll get easier, I promise." She gives him a soft smile. He lifts his head up a little bit and gives a faint smile in return. "I won't bring it up again," she looks into his brown eyes, and even in the little moonlight that lit up his face, she could see the pain in his eyes. Niclas had been teaching her how to read people by their eyes, and she's thankful for that.

"Thank you," he whispers, before looking down and clearing his throat. "You should get some rest. You start your training tomorrow,"

"Training? For what? I thought I was done?" She cocks her head to the side.

"For Westeros."

"Westeros?" She breathes out. Devron nods his head and motions her to follow him as he makes his way to the Captains Quarters, with Rhae following. "Why would I need to train for Westeros? I'm already a really good fighter," They enter and makes a b-line for the map on the table.

"Remember the first time you were in this ship?" Rhae makes a face, "Okay...I can see you don't..." he laughs to himself. "He said that he was going to train you for Westeros and that he'd take you when he thought you were ready." Rhae nods her head, slowly remembering. "He wants your skills to be extra sharp by the time we reach Westeros." They stop at the table.

"Every single one?" She pouts.

He grins, knowing that what he's about to say will make her irritated "Yes. Even your archery skills," he teases her. She throws her hands up in the air,