Chapter 18

Rhae stood in front of her mirror, admiring the new dress that came in from Essos. It's beautiful fabric was a nice blue colour that had slivers of gold fabric intertwined with it. The colours complemented her skin nicely and made her bright eyes pop. Her hair is braided down the right side of her shoulder with a thin piece of gold fabric intertwined.

The girl smiles to herself, satisfied with her attire for the day. She then proceeds to grab her jewellery off the table the mirror sat on. She grabs her shell bracelet and carefully places it on her left wrist. Deciding she's not going to wear the necklace Doreah gave her today, she spins on her heels towards the door.

All of a sudden, she stops. Cersei's words begin to ring in her head, "Never take off that necklace!"

Rhae sighs and walks back to the table. She stares at the golden pedant for a few seconds before snatching it up and putting it around her neck.

Finally, she's out of her room and knocking on Sansa's door. Silence. She waits a few seconds before knocking again. Nothing still. She takes a deep breath, worried something happened to her before kicking the door in and breaking the lock.

She hears a gasp and sees Sansa with another woman. She has pale skin with dark hair and eyes to match, and wears a pinkish purple handmaidens dress.

Rhae takes in Sansa's appearance. Her eyes are blood shot and cheeks red, with tears dried on her pale face. She turns to face the unknown woman and her eyes darken, "What the hell did you do to her?!" Rhae stalks towards her, grabbing a knife that sat on Sansa's table.

"Stop!" Sana'a tries to yell.

Rhae reaches the unknown woman and holds the blade up to her throat. "Who the hell are you?"

The woman looks taken back and stares down at the shorter girl, "Shae."

Sansa runs up to Rhae and sets her hand on her wrist, "Please, stop." Sansa pleads. Rhae looks at her then Shae and back at her. Taking a deep breath, she removes the blade and backs away, tossing the knife on the table.

Rhae eyes Shae uncertainly, "Start talking."

"I'm her new handmaiden, Your Grace." She replies flatly.

"You're not a handmaiden." Rhae crosses her arms.

"I am a handmaiden." Shae defends.

Rhae's quick to respond, "If you were a handmaiden, you wouldn't have gotten my title wrong." Shae doesn't respond verbally. Her eyes hardened and her lips form a tight line as she lifts her chin up. Rhae smirked, "I knew you weren't a handmaiden."

Shae glances down at her neck then looks back at Rhae's eyes, "I doubt you're one either." Shae challenges.

"And what makes you say that?" Rhae crosses her arms.

"You're necklace is Lannister jewellery, is it not?" Rhae remains quiet. "What kind of handmaiden wears Lannister jewellery?"

Rhae is quick to answer, "The kind who is trying to not get killed in the Capital."

"Enough you guys!" Sansa breaks up their argument. "There isn't anytime for this!"

Rhae finally looks away from Shae and takes in the appearance of Sansa's room. Things that were once placed on her table and dresser were knocked all over the floor. The mattress for her bed was tilted to the side and halfway off the bed frame. In centre of the mattress was a ripped up blood stain, like someone tried to cut it out. Rhae put two and two together. "Help me flip this over." Rhae rushes out towards Shae.

Shae is quick to help her but is soon interrupted by a handmaiden coming into the room. Rhae and Shae stop their movements and look up at the handmaiden in sync. The handmaiden looked at the two, then the mattress and lastly Sansa. Her eyes widen and she rushes out of the room. Rhae and Shae look at each other and Rhae nodded to Shae, and she dashed towards the door, grabbing the knife off the table.