Chapter 1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Present Time, 298 AC. Pentos.

Opening her icy blue eyes, Rhae exhaled the breath she held, surveying the salty sea while the sun painted the sky in orange and yellow hues. She ran her fingers through the sand, drawing strange patterns, the waves crashing into the shore.

Rhae gazed out at the sea once again and sighed, remembering what today is. Today is the day she could lose the one person who's treated her like she mattered in this cruel world; who's loved and cared for her like she's a person, not some bastard or animal like her half brother Viserys does.

  She shook her head of those thoughts and stood, brushing the sand from her dress. She began to walk up-and-down the shoreline for what seemed like hours until she finally stopped, facing toward the sea. Footsteps brought the young girl out of her trance as she quickly turned around with a frightened look, expecting someone else that isn't the colour of blue she knew as well as the back of her hand.

  All Rhae's worries drifted, and she smiled. Daenerys approached —garbed in a pale pink dress— and returned the smile. Once she reached Rhae, Rhae wrapped her small arms around Dany's torso and laid her head on Daenerys's chest

Rhae meets the blue eyes she knows so well and all her worry's drifted away as she smiles widely. Daenerys walks towards Rhae in her pale pink dress with a smile in return. Once she reaches Rhae, Rhae wraps her small arms around her torso and lays her head on Daenerys's chest as she lays her head on top of her little sister's, and wraps her arms around her petite frame. Rhae holds onto her like her life depended on it, which in this case, it does.

"Please don't let him take you away from me Dany . . ." Rhae's voice was small, cracking at the end. She can feel Daenerys tighten her hold on her as she rubs Rhae's back.

"No matter what happens, I will never let him take you away from me," Dany's voice was soft.

Rhae sniffles and nods ever so slightly. She felt her sister's head move off her own. With glossy eyes, Rhae turns her head to look up at Dany —her expression was just as sad. Her blue orbs tear up at the sight of her baby sister, and removes one of her hands from Rhae's body, letting it lay on her cheek as she wiped the stray tear that fell.

"I promise, I will never leave you alone. Ever." Dany's voice was stern and determined that made Rhae believe her wholeheartedly.

"I love you, Dany . . ."

She smiles down at Rhae, "I love you too, my little ray of sunshine . . ." Rhae smiled at the nickname as Dany leaned down and pressed her lips to her forehead.

Rhae lays her head back on Dany's chest, listening to her steady heartbeat as Dany starts to run her fingers through Rhae's tangled, wavy light brown locks, and rubs her back with her other hand.

The two half-sisters stood there for a while longer, until Dany speaks. "We must be goin soon. I need to get bathed and changed, so do you," she told Rhae —but she remained silent. "Come on . . ." she gently said, and Rhae finally untangled herself from Dany.

She put her arm across Rhae's shoulders and pulls her to herself, and Rhae put her arm around Dany's torso again as they walk back to Illyrio's Palace.