Chapter 23

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Dressed in a dark red handmaidens dress with the golden pedant Cersei gave her, she truly felt like a Lannister as she walked down the halls to the Throne Room. Ironically, the dark red handmaidens dress was the only one she happened have in her room. Rounding the corner, she's immediately bombarded by arms wrapping tightly around her.

Startled, she takes a step back with wide eyes until bright red hair catches her eyes. Instantly, she knows who it is. Her arms immediately wrap around the younger girl just as tight, looking over her shoulder at Shae, who stands back with her hands clasped in front of her.

"I thought he killed you," Sansa cries softly into Rhae's hair.

Rhae shakes her head, holding her tighter, "It'll take a lot more than lions to kill me."

Sansa releases a small laugh and pulls away, "I'm glad he didn't."

Rhae smiles up at the Stark, wiping her tears away, "Me too, Sansa." She sniffles and recomposes herself, along with Sansa, "Now, I have to go to the Throne Room, but I'll be back, okay?"

Sansa nods, looking down at Rhae, "Don't get yourself killed. You're the only friend I have here," she says softly.

Rhae smiles, "Don't worry. They can't kill me at the moment."

Sansa's eyes widen slightly, "What are you talking about?" Rhae stays quiet, wanting to tell her but knows it's best not too, "Rhae, tell me you didn't make a deal with the Lannister's." Sansa demands through gritted teeth.

Rhae remains quiet, looking down, "I can't, Sansa." She says softly.

Sansa shakes her head with an angry look and scoffs in distaste, "You look just like a Lannister." Sansa scans her attire with cold eyes, "Dressed in their riches and colours. You're no better than them."

"Sansa—"

"No!" Sansa yells, cutting her off, "I will not be friends with someone who supports the Lannister's." She says lowly and storms off, leaving a sad Rhae.

"Sansa, please." Sansa ignores Rhae's pleas as she rounds a corner, disappearing.

"She'll come around." Shae says, "Tyrion told me what the deal is. If you would've told her, she would've understood."

"But will she understand why I'm dressed in Lannister colours?" Shae remains quiet, not having an answer. Rhae sighs, "Exactly. I'll tell Sansa, but not right now." Shae nods and walks off, following in Sansa's footsteps and disappears around the same corner.

Rhae angrily marches towards the Throne Room with a clenched jaw, wanting this battle to be over so she can go to Essos and take Sansa with her, away from the Capital. She opens the huge doors to the Throne Room, immediately finding Cersei alone with Joffrey, who sits on the Iron Throne. She unclenches her jaw and walks towards them with the doors shutting loudly behind her as she's halfway to them.

She stops in front of Joffrey and kneels, bowing her head respectfully, "My King."

"Rise."

She raises at his command and looks at Cersei, "You wanted to speak with me?"

She nods and walks down the steps, stopping in front of her. "Yes. Both of us, actually."

Rhae nods, glancing from the King to Cersei, "So, what is it?"

"This is about the battle we will be facing against my dear uncle in six days." Joffrey stands, rubbing his fingers together. "I want to see you fight. My mother has told me great things, but I'm not convinced." Rhae simply nods, "Although, that move you pulled with Ser Henry was impressive, you're just a girl."

Like it was second nature, Rhae spins around just in time to duck under Ser Meryn's sword. She grabs his wrist and twists it, pushing it towards his head and knocking himself back. He goes at her again, but she dodges each attack before she swings her leg behind his, knocking him to the ground.

She quickly grabs his sword and points at his throat, barely out of breath, "How did I do, Your Grace?"

Joffrey stands up and claps, "Not bad for a bastard."

She stands up straighter and tosses Ser Meryn's sword to the floor, the loud sound of metal on the marble flooring singing hers ears. Rhae looks over her shoulder at the King, "What is your next wish?" She questions, hating to have to be an obedient, loyal girl to 'her King' just to stay alive. But Rhae knows that, in the end, all this will be worth it to get to her sister in Essos.

Joffrey leans on one leg, crossing his arm over his chest and rests his other over that arm, putting his chin between his index and thumb, humming. He scans her and his green, snake like eyes travel to Ser Meryn, who's just now getting up. A smirk plasters itself on Joffrey's face as he looks at Rhae, uncrossing his arms and walking towards her.

Joffrey stops in front of her, "Dog!"

The Hound steps up with a blank, yet annoyed face. "Yes, Your Grace?"

"Get her fitted for armour—"

"With all do respect, Your Grace, I don't want armour." Rhae cuts the King off, who holds a shocked expression.

He glances at his mother, who raises her chin and steps forward, taking charge of the conversation. "You need armour for a battle, Rhae." Cersei tries, stopping by her son.

Rhae shakes her head, turning her body to face the Lannister's, "It'll slow me down."

"But you risk yourself getting killed."

Rhae sighs, wishing they, more specifically Cersei, to just agree instead in protesting. "If you want me to be in this battle against your deceased husband's big brother, then you'll let me decide what I should fight in, and my weapon of choice."

"Done." Cersei looks at Joffrey with wide eyes, her lips parting. "Silence, mother." His eyes then land on Rhae, "Choice whatever weapons you need, and armour if you decide."

Rhae, for once, is grateful for Joffrey's interruption and words. She nods her head, "Thank you, Your Grace."

"Start training. We'll talk more about battle plans and your position in all of this later." Joffrey dismisses her and spins on his heels, walking back towards the Iron Throne.

Rhae merely nods, turning around and exits the Throne Room, not once sparing a single glance to everyone in the large room.

________________________________

Sorry this chapter's shorter than usual, I just, once again, wanted to get something out for you guys. I hope you all are doing well! Thank you guys so much for sticking with me this long on this book. When I started it, I didn't think it would be such a hit, seeing as this is my first book ever and, not knowing what the hell I'm doing, just winging it! Lol, anyways, until text time! Have a good day or night!