Chapter 26

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

Bronn and Rhae quickly make their way to the shore to already find Baratheon soldiers ashore. "Oh boy..." Bronn breathes out, hopping out of the boat. Rhae follows, slipping her bow off her shoulders, "Are you—" Bronn cuts himself off, his eyes widening as she releases an arrow that sinks into a Baratheon soldier's head. "Ready..." he finishes quietly, drawing his sword. Incoming Baratheon soldiers start making their way towards the duo, their weapons drawn and raised.

"Look alive, sellsword! Things are about to get crazy!" Rhae hits a soldier with her bow across the face, sending him to the ground and dodges an incoming sword, breaking his nose with her bow and sends him to the ground with the other.

She takes the opportunity to slip her bow back over her shoulder and draws her sword. She twirls it in her hand before clashing her blade with a Baratheon's, blocking his own blade from piercing her skin. The Mud Gate soon opens, Lannister soldiers piling out. The sound of clashing blades and screams of falling soldiers fill the cold night air.

Rhae pushes a soldiers sword up and slashes his stomach wide open in a split second, blood splattering across her face. Bronn is quick to come to her side, blocking an incoming sword headed straight for her. They stand back to back, slashing at the Stag men and sends them to the mud, sometimes screaming, other times silent. "There's too many of them!" Rhae shouts over the screams, shoving her sword into a soldier.

"We have the numbers. We can beat them!" Bronn argues, but Rhae shakes her head, knowing all too well.

"It's not always about the numbers. They're kicking our asses, Bronn. We need to get inside the walls, before it's too late!"

"Let's say you're right, how do you suppose—" he grunts, shoving his sword into a soldier, "—we get past Baratheon soldiers and into the walls of the city?!"

The Targaryen slashes one's stomach, sending him to the mud with a groan. "I can make a path," her eyes survey the sea of Lannister and Baratheon men.

"Make a path?" Bronn mocks between breaths, "That's all you've got?"

"You have a better idea?" She raises a brow, her eyes going wide as she pushes Bronn out of the way of an incoming sword.

He stumbles, quickly spinning around and shoves his sword into the solider, "Nope. I like that idea," he simply says, gesturing in front of himself tiredly with his sword, "Lead the way, Warrior Princess."

Rhae rolls her eye at the nickname, creating a path for the two while Bronn watches her back, slashing any incoming solider that comes to close to them. Her eyes widen, seeing the Hound frozen in place with fearful eyes as a burning man runs straight towards him, sword raised and ready to strike him down, despite his burning flesh.

She quickens her pace, skipping into a jog and dodges incoming swords, letting Bronn slash them down for her, "Hound. Hound!" He remains frozen in place, "Sandor!" His eyes snap to her, then to the burning man. Just as he gets within feet from the Hound, he falls, an arrow sunken into his eye from her fellow sellsword friend. "Bronn!"

He ducks with wide eyes, pushing the Baratheon soldier to the ground. Rhae jolts forward, sitting on the man's back and lifts his head up, slicing his throat with the edge of her sword. She lifts her head in time to watch Bronn slice a man's throat that's on his knees, quickly falling into the mud.