Chapter 5

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Up."

Rhae faintly heard this deep, yet soft voice say to her. The edge of her bed dips down from someone quite large sitting on it. A hand gently shook her awake.

She slowly opens her eyes, rubbing the sleep out, and stretches. Rhae finally turns to see who woke her, her eyes widening in shock.

His blurry figure slowly clears and when it finally does, she gives him a small smile. He tried to return it the best he could, but ultimately failed, which caused Rhae to giggle. After watching her laugh, the Khal is able to give her a genuine smile.

Her laughter dies, and when it did completely, Drogo stands, starting for the exit. He stops at the opening, facing Rhae and points to her then her clothes on the ground.

"Get dressed," he said brokenly in the common tongue.

Rhae was quick to nod and get changed when Drogo exited her tent. She quickly ran her fingers through her hair to somewhat untangle it before she's braiding her long, light brown hair down her back.

After several frustrating minutes later, Rhae's now walking circles around her tent, searching for her sandals. Soon she's sighing heavily, looking straight at them tucked under some furs.

She quickly straps them to her feet and runs for the exit of her tent, stopping all of a sudden. She's extremely nervous all of a sudden.

Rhae pushes any and all thoughts aside, tilting her head up as she closed her eyes, and takes a deep breath. She exhales slowly, opening her eyes at the same time she looks directly ahead.

Pushing the tent flap open, Rhae's eyes widen —it's still pitch black, the only light coming from candles outside the tents.

She looks to her right and sees Drogo standing, patiently waiting. He watched her slowly walk up to him. Once she reached him, she looked down at her feet, like she would do if he was Viserys.

His large hand goes under her chin, gently lifting it up so that their eyes meet. "No," he said gently, yet quiet. An unusual tone from any Dothraki, especially a mighty Khal like Drogo.

Drogo removed his hand and looks at someone who's walking towards the duo. "Ser Jorah?" Rhae questioned the dark outline of a figure. The figure steps into what little light the candles give off, and they remove their hood.

"Yes, Inavva ki Khaleesi," Ser Jorah answered. The Khal begins to converse with the knight in his tongue, causing the Westerosi to flicker his eyes from him to Rhae. "The Khal wishes to train you, Inavva ki Khaleesi," he translated.

Rhae's brows scrunch, confused. "I feel honoured, but why?" she tilt her head in a confused manner, and Ser Jorah translated it, to which they began speaking back-n-forth. "He says he wants you to be safe at all times," Ser Jorah paused as the Khal finished his sentence. While the Khal spoke in his tongue, Ser Jorah his smile had grown, confusing Rhae. He then looks at her, "He also wishes for you to be able to protect yourself when he or the bloodriders aren't around to do so."

Rhae smiles. The Khal isn't so bad at all, she said to herself. She remembers Ser Jorah telling her there is no word for 'thank you' in Dothraki, when he'd been teaching some of the language to her.

Rhae looks the Khal in his eyes and nods. "Ka—" she stopped mid-word, before she's speaking slowly, "Hash?" she smiles wider, knowing that's correct, and repeats it confidentially. "Hash (when)?"

The Khal smiles his best. "Ajjin. Kijinosi (Now. This way)," he strides off, Rhae and Ser Jorah trailing behind him.

They travel past tent, after tent, after tent for a long while, until she's lead to —what would be— a huge opening that's occupied by a large fire and her Khal's bloodriders. Most were laughing while few ate and talked. Some were even on horseback.