Chapter 21

~~~~~~~~unedited~~~~~~~~

"I want you to fight for King's Landing."

"I'm sorry what?" Rhae looks at Cersei dumbfounded with wide eyes.

Cersei's face doesn't change, telling Rhae that she's as serious as Joffrey when he locked her up, "Fight for the Lannister's, and you'll get your freedom."

Rhae raises an eyebrow, "My freedom?" She mocks with a sarcastic laugh. Her eyes skeptically scan Cersei up and down as the Lannister nods, "Freedom doesn't mean still being stuck in King's Landing."

"I didn't mean being free from a cell and staying in King's Landing. If you want to go back to Essos, you can. I won't stop you." Cersei states with honesty that throughs Rhae off.

Rhae thinks about it, running through every possibility she can in her head if it was a trap to test her own loyalties. If she were to go back to Essos, which she would since she found out Daenerys is alive, she'd want to bring Niclas, Devron and Annabel. Along with the rest of the crew. Even Sansa if she could. But it seems that this deal is only for Rhae, not the rest of the people she considers family.

"If I accept this, will Devron, Niclas and Annabel be able to come too?"

As expected, Cersei shoots that down. "I'm afraid not. This is for you, and only you."

Rhae sighs, looking down. She wants to go to Essos so bad to see her sister, but then she has Sansa here, who she promised herself she'd stay until her plan happens and she can escape this dreadful city alive and back to her aunts in the Eyrie. "How long do I have to except this?" Rhae asks quietly, staring at the iron shackles around her wrists.

"I'll give you three days. If you choose to except, you'll have four days to prepare for Stannis's attack. Five if we're lucky." Cersei responds quickly, staring down at the young girl.

Rhae nods and that's Cersei's que to leave. She exits the cell and leaves Rhae to her battling thoughts. She sits down on the cold stone floor, leaning her back and head against the equally cold wall. Her heart has four choices; accept Cersei's offer then flee to Qarth to Daenerys. Not except it and stay with the people who've been a family to her since her rescue. Try to negotiate with Cersei to allow them to come with her. But, since Niclas has orders from his big brother, Tywin Lannister, to stay until his arrival, the third choice would be very difficult. Her last choice is following through with her plan to smuggle Sansa out of King's Landing.

Her survival instincts tell her to accept the deal and flee without the people she cares about. As terrible as it sounds, she's leaning more towards survival instincts. But she won't. For the sack of Sansa and her family.

"Rhaenys Targaryen." Her head snaps up to meet Varys—The Master of Whispers. Or simply known as The Spider. She tenses up and her eyes darken with a clenched jaw at her real name. "Don't worry, my dear. Your secret is safe with me."

Rhae eyes Varys, "How do you know that?"

Varys sighs with a small smirk, "It's my job to know everything about everyone who enter the Capitol. Including a foreigner like yourself."

"Kind of creepy if you ask me." Rhae's voice was low, feeling threaten.

"Then it's a good thing I didn't ask." He's quick to reply. "You should take the deal, Rhaenys."