Chapter 15

~~~~Unedited~~~~

Rhae was walking threw the halls of the Red Keep trying to navigate her way back to her bedchambers, but every hall and door looked the same. Who needs this many bloody halls?!She stops and throws her hands up in frustration before huffing and spinning around in the large hallway. Her orbs land on a door and decides whether or not to open it. Maybe this my room? Or maybe someone is in there that could help me? She sighs, before opening the door.

A gasp was heard from the bedchamber. Rhae looked up at a startled girl with bright red hair and piercing blue eyes. She was dressed in a nice pink dress like she was going to a special event. She was sat in front of her mirror trying to do her hair and looked to be about 14 or 15, only a year or two older than herself.

The girl looked at her wide eyed, "Who are you and what are you doing in my bedchambers?" She looks Rhae up and down, "I didn't request for a handmaiden." The girl snapped.

Rhae's eyes widen in shock, taken back by her tone of voice. "I'm just looking for my own bedchamber." she tells her honestly. "I got lost..." she sheepishly adds quietly hoping the girl didn't hear her.

"You're one of the handmaidens from Essos." The girl's voice comes out a little softer and puts it together, having heard her.

"Guilty." Rhae puts her hands up jokingly. The girl studies Rhae, deciding on what to say next or if she should help her. She looks back at the mirror and tries to braid her hair again.

"Do you remember what part of the castle your bedchambers are at?" The redhead looks at her threw the mirror.

Rhae tries remembering the location before hesitantly answering, "Somewhere near the Throne Room I believe."

"I would assume your bedchamber is near or in The Tower of the Hand, considering you're his personal servant." The girl states.

"I'll start there then and see if anything looks familiar." She catches the redhead's eyes in her mirror, "Thank you." She turns around to leave but stops just as her hand rests on the doorknob, glancing back at the girl struggling to do her hair. "I can help you with your hair if you'd like?"

The girl looks at her threw the mirror and slowly nods her head. Rhae starts walking towards her and looks at her hair, "I'd get a chair if I were you. You've got a lot of hair." the girl nods a grabs one, setting it down in front of the mirror.

As she sits down, the brunette grabs the girls brush and starts brushing her hair. "How would you look your hair to be done?" She sets the brush down before running her fingers threw the redhead's hair, playing with it while she decides.

"I would like it in some sort of braided hairstyle please," Rhae nods, figuring out a style.

"Where are you going?" She looks at her threw the mirror.

"The King's name day tournament is today. As his future Queen, I must attend." The girl answers. Rhae nods and quickly comes up with the perfect one and begins separating hair to braid. The whole time her hair was being done, no words were spoken between the two.

Rhae had finally finished, having been there for quite sometime. Most of her hair was braided into a bun, with a piece of hair braided laying in front of each shoulder. "Alright young lady, I believe it is finished." She smiles and steps back so the girl could see her work.

The redhead smiles at it, impressed. "I love it!" She turns to look at Rhae, "Where did you learn to do this?"

Rhae smiles sadly at her, "My sister taught me. When I was a child, she would let me braid her hair and try all kinds of things with it."