• One •

The creature ran through the dark forest, his golden eyes and fluffy tail in alert in case of any danger appearing before him. "Find that monster and bring it to me!" The general said to his 4 soldiers, all of them riding a horse while they followed the general.

"Yes, sir!" One of them yelled. They while and gray fox continued running, his energy already draining into a critical state. Drops of red fell onto the white snow, creating a trail straight to him. "There! I see his fur!" A man shouted from a few meters behind him.

A quiet cry of pain came from him, feeling a burning sensation on his right back leg. He kept running despite the pain, getting faster as he did so, using what was left of his strength. The sounds of the soldiers started to grow back and turn quiet, letting him slow down his pace and breathe.

He checked his surroundings, finding nothing but silence, snow, and wind. His legs finally gave out and he fell face-first onto the snow. He nuzzled his face into the cold frozen liquid, his paws moving deeper when he found comfort into the low temperature.

He felt it was his time, no longer feeling pain or anything in his leg. "I-It's numb..." He whispered to himself, a soft chuckle leaving his lips. His eyes opened to the sound of footsteps, ears perking up. He let out a weak growl, the image of a blurry girl showing in his vision as she approached him.

"Are you okay?" The girl asked in worry.