• Twenty Three •

Everyone was out of the room, only Jungkook and you in it

Everyone was out of the room, only Jungkook and you in it. You held your baby girl in your arms, caressing her cheek softly in disbelief that you were finally holding her. "It's unbelievable, isn't it?" Jungkook whispered.

He had his chin pressed on your shoulder since you were leaning back against his chest. He was behind you, staring at his daughter as well. "How did you do it? You saved her." You said, which made Jungkook quickly shake his head in disapproval.

"We saved her. We both did." Jungkook reassured, kissing your temple. "I thought you had lost your powers." You said after a few seconds of silence. Jungkook hadn't used his powers around you a lot, neither did he turn into a fox in a while.

"I thought so too. But I guess that when we parted, it triggered them back-" He stopped. He stared into the distance, his eyes glowing with a gold color while he sighed shakily.

"Jungkook?" You whispered, resting your hand on his that was resting on the baby's stomach.

A gasp echoed through the room when his eyes turned normal and he looked at you. "Back on." He finished the sentence.

You got off the bed and placed the baby girl on the crib Hoseok and Jimin had built for the girl. "Jungkook, what's-" You followed his figure as he ran out of the room.

"Jungkook?" You called out in worry. You covered the baby with a blanket so she would be warm.

After that, you ran out after Jungkook, watching him heading towards the lake up in the mountain while people came out to see what was happening.

"What is happening? Why is Jungkook running away?" Hoseok asked when he came out of his room, Jimin following after him since they shared a room.

"I- I don't know." You said, beginning to run after him. "Y/n! You are not in shape to run!" Jimin exclaimed as he watched.

You ignored their pleas and screams while you run, the maids' and guards' screams echoing in the distance.

"Jungkook? Jungkook!" You exclaimed once you reached the lake, panting heavily. Tears welled up in your eyes for no reason, probably worry.

"I'm here..." You heard a faint voice come from the bushes. You noticed the shirt and pants Jungkook was wearing scattered on the ground.

A furry tail slowly began showing from the bush, shuffling until a fox came out. Its eyes shone when they looked at you, a sob coming out of the animal's mouth.

"It's back." He whimpered. You kneeled down on the ground, Jungkook moving to nuzzle into your skirt.

You hugged him and covered him with the coat you had put on before running out. "It's okay, I'm here." You whispered.

The fox looked up at you, a visible tear somehow leaving his eye and rolling down the fur on his face. He nuzzled his snout into your cheek, placing a kiss.

"I knew it would come back." He whispered. You sniffled softly, a few tears rolling down your cheeks, "We will find a way to fix it. I promise." You replied.

The fox licked the tears away, whining quietly. "Don't cry, Y/n, love. Don't." He said quietly while footsteps echoed behind you in a hurry.

"Princess?" Jimin called out, finally standing a few feet away to your side. "There you ar- King Jungkook!" Jimin began in relief before exclaiming.

The fox got off your lap and moved to the ground, sitting down with a graceful pose. "I'll be fine. I am sure it will go away soon." The fox replied, knowing Jimin was worried about him.

"It won't," Hoseok said from behind Jimin, soon appearing as you turned to glance at him, getting back up to your feet.

"What do you mean?" You asked in confusion, walking to stand beside Jungkook. "Look at the mark on his fur, on his neck. It's the symbol of eternity. At least until the curse is broken." Hoseok explained, pointing at his fur.

Indeed, there was a mark on his fur that resembled the symbol of infinity. You sighed, shaking your head with a sob.

"What way is there to break the curse?" You asked, soon your eyes widening. "My father..." The fox trailed off. You glanced at each other and nodded.

"The only way is to get married." You said confidently, some of the maids gasping while Hoseok widened his eyes.

[]

{ For anyone who is confused, Jungkook is the fox. }