• Sixteen •

You sighed softly, shaking your head as you played with the grains of rice in your bowl

He sighed softly, suddenly getting up from his spot. You watched him with wide eyes, following him with your eyes.

He took his pillow and placed it down beside yours, sitting down and taking his bowl of rice in front of him.

After taking his chopsticks, he placed a piece of meat on top of the rice, smiling softly.

"Eat. No matter what happens, you need to stay healthy." He said.

You smiled sweetly at his care, your smile disappearing when your stomach twisted and turned.

You started feeling nauseous out of nowhere, your hand going to your stomach.

"What's wrong, love?" Jungkook asked, placing his chopsticks on the table.

You quickly got up when you felt something going up, running towards the doors to a terrace and throwing up off the railing once you reached it.

You felt a pair of hands gather your hair back and hold it away from your face. "Maids!" Jungkook shouted.

You were soon done, the maids coming right after. "Omo, what's wrong, princess?" One of the maids asked worriedly.

"Call the physician. Now." You said, panting softly. Jungkook helped you to his bed, sitting you down.

Instead, you laid down, facing the ceiling with your hands on your stomach.

"Here, drink some water." He said. You pushed yourself up enough to drink the water when he handed you the glass.

After sipping a few gulps of the water, you laid back down, staring at Jungkook.

"What if I'm sick? There is a virus going around the country." You said worriedly, your eyebrows furrowing as cold sweat formed on your forehead.

"What if I'm dying?" You said, earning a shush from Jungkook. "No, you're not." He quickly replied after.

"I'm overreacting, right? I'm definitely overreacting." You ranted, sighing softly. You closed your eyes and bit your lips together, hearing Jungkook heave a sigh too.

"I'm sorry. I'm just stupid and I instantly jump to conclusions." You whispered. He squeezed your hand sweetly, shaking his head after.

"No, It's completely fine. It happens to get worried about your health like that." He replied.

You opened your eyes and looked at him, seeing that a small smile was resting on his lips.

"Thank you." You managed to say right before the doors burst open, Jimin and the physician hurrying inside.

"What's wrong, Princess? Are you feeling sick? How bad is it? Do you need food?" Jimin ranted, throwing questions around like a worried mother.

"Hyung, she's okay. Just a bit nauseous." Jungkook replied instead of you, letting you only give Jimin a smile.

"Hello, Princess. Your grace." The physician greeted, bowing to the two. "Tell me, what symptoms are you feeling?" He asked.

He started checking your pulse as you started thinking over your symptoms. "I-uh..." You began, eyebrows furrowing.

"I feel a tight feeling in my stomach. I was feeling fine but something I ate maybe made me sick." You explained.

"Any relations? As in... sex... I mean." The physician asked, sparing a glance at you and Jungkook.

You couldn't help but blush, feeling Jungkook's hand pull away from yours to scratch his neck.

"Umm... Well, we..." Jungkook tried to say. Jimin simply sighed, looking at the physician. "It's a yes." He said.

The physician nodded, humming afterward. He pulled his hands away from your arm after finishing taking your pulse.

You widened your eyes when he pressed his hands on your lower stomach, near your private area.

Jungkook was about to jump and rant when the physician cut him off. "You're pregnant." He simply said.

You stared with wide eyes at the man in front of you, his hands pulling away from your stomach.

You tried to say something but no words left your mouth, just a sigh. You decided to look at Jungkook, seeing his face was pale but tears shined in his eyes.

"Make sure to not force your body too much. You are in the first phase of your pregnancy." The physician explained as he started looking for something in his bag.

"Your senses are sensitive. Food can make you feel sick. Some smells will make you gag. Other things will irritate you." He continued.

"You will have to rest a lot. That baby is the future heir of the throne, if it's a boy." You looked down at your stomach.

You then realized how bloated it is, making your gown lift up enough to show as if you had eaten.

Your tears instantly started building in your eyes, unable to hold them back. "Your emotions will also be heightened. Higher chances of being sad, happy, angry, stressed."

You simply hummed, looking up at Jimin when he placed your hand on your head, caressing your hair.

"L-Leave us. Please." Jungkook said, a small stutter leaving his lips. Within a few seconds, the physician and Jimin left, your eyes following them.

You caught a glimpse of Jimin handing the physician a small bag of money, it was clear it was from his own pocket and not the king's.

After turning to Jungkook, you saw he was blankly staring at the mattress. You slowly sat up, heaving a sigh. "I-"

"I'm going to be a father..." He said in shock.