• Six •

"Court Lady Y/n. This way." Jimin said, gesturing towards the wide room. It was Jungkook's coronation day. You hadn't been seeing him much since you were busy running errands and taking care of everyone else in the palace.

He would usually try to come and see you when he had free time, but, it as nearly nonexistent. You walked inside the big courtroom with the maids following behind, holding trays with food that they placed on the wide and long table on one side of the hall.

Your eyes instantly fell upon Jungkook who was standing by the throne talking to someone, his eyes moving and falling upon you. A smile grew upon his lips, excusing himself before going to your side.

"Court Lady Y/n." He said, taking your hand in his and kissing the knuckles of it. "How have you been?" He asked. "I've been good, exhausted but good." You replied, a soft worried look falling upon his eyes.

"I can hire someone to help you. You can take Jimin, actually. He is an outstanding helper and I'm sure you will feel better in no-" He stopped when you walked closer, smiling sweetly up at him.

"I am good, your grace." You whispered, making him grin down at you, leaning closer to your face. "I am not a king yet." He whispered back, winking at you before turning to leave.

"But you will be, your grace. Soon." You called out loud enough for him to hear. He turned to look over his shoulder, giving you a smile.

You watched him walk to the throne and sit down, the ceremony starting. You fixed your hanbok, heading to be beside the throne.

"The coronation will now begin!" Jimin shouted, everyone gathering to watch. Jungkook nervously gripped the chair, not liking the eyes staring at him.

You walked a bit closer to him, his nervous eyes shakily moving to glance up at you. He grabbed your skirt and tucked you closer to his seat, grabbing one of your hands.

You widened your eyes, looking at him when he looked back to the front. Your hands were hidden behind you, thankfully, because if they weren't, people would start whispering about him and you.

One of the men gathered there for the coronation took a staff from where it was resting on a pillow. He handed it to Jungkook, letting him carefully grab it with one hand.

His hand holding the staff trembled, his eyes staring at it widely. You squeezed his hand comfortingly, seeing his hand suddenly stop shaking.

With a smile, you nodded to him. After letting go of your hand, he grabbed the staff with both hands. The man took the crown and headed to him.

He hovered the crown over the soon to be king's head, lowering it slowly as he said a few words that you couldn't exactly understand.

Once the crown was on his head, Jungkook heaved a sigh, looking at everyone. Suddenly, everyone bowed respectfully towards him, kneeling down on the ground.

"Long live the king!" They all shouted. "Long live the king!" You couldn't help but smile proudly at everyone before bowing with the maids and heading out of the room.

With a serious face, you headed to the kitchen through the big hallway, the maids following right after you. "Prepare the King's chamber for King Jungkook." You ordered.

3 maids bowed and did as told, heading to the right towards the said chamber. After entering the kitchen, you were met with the smell of many dishes and the sight of many cooks working hard.

"The food is nearly done, Court Lady Y/n." One of the cooks said. "Good, serve it in the courtroom once it's ready, the king will be there shortly after changing." You replied.

You headed to his room where you were supposed to help Jungkook change into his royal clothes.

As much as you managed to keep a serious face whenever he was around, you couldn't help your heart going crazy.

He was breathtaking, in his human form and his fox form. You would never forget how soft his fur felt between your fingers.

You caressed it to calm him down whenever it was too painful for him to handle, even though he was unconscious, it still pained him.

Without realizing it, you were already in front of the chamber. Jungkook was inside, standing with his back to you, hands behind his back.

He was looking around the room before his eyes fell upon the bed when you walked in. "Your grace." You said, bowing down for him.

"We shall change you." You said after the doors closed behind you. "Do you think sometimes that it was meant to happen?" He whispered.

You stopped in your tracks as you were about to head to his clothes folded on a closet beside the bed.

"What do you mean?" You asked in confusion, your hands together as you turned to glance at him.

He turned around to look at you, his hands moving to be on his sides. "Like, don't you think it was meant to be?" He asked again, starring to head towards you.

"That I was meant to meet you, for you to help me. That we were meant to get married after I become king." He explained, stopping right in front of you.

His eyes held a type of feeling that filled your heart with it. He could see right through your eyes as you could see through his.

"What if it was meant for us to connect? For two mystical creatures to become one?" He whispered.

His hands took yours in his, the two of you looking down at them with a smile.