• Eighteen •

"Y/n, are you sure about this? You're pregnant. You need professional attention." The maid you were close with said. "Junae, I want to go away. I want to be as far away as possible from him and the palace." You replied, straightening yourself on the horse.

You were traveling by horse towards a far town your family used to live in. Nobody knew you there and you knew Jungkook wouldn't look there. Even though you didn't want to leave Jungkook, it was for the best.

You realized you didn't want your kid to grow up in that type of life. You would also stop the rituals and only do them once or twice a month. When it was needed. The kid growing inside you is your main priority now and you wouldn't let some idiot father ruin his life.

"What exactly happened to make you leave this quick?" Junae asked, her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at you, still minding where she was riding the horse. You opened your mouth to answer when you heard a horse galloping your way from behind.

You pulled the reins of your horse and made it stop, looking behind you in time to see Jungkook zooming past you and coming to a stop in front of your horse. The guards with you grabbed the handles on their swords but you put your hand up.

Jungkook scoffed, "You're going to pull your swords on the king?!" He exclaimed. "It was my command." You replied, pulling your coat closer which was wrapped around your shoulders. Jungkook turned to look at you; his eyes slightly red from what you guessed was crying.

He walked the horse closer to you so you were side by side, your hand protectively going over your stomach. Jungkook saw that; his eyes instantly going to your eyes after. "What are you doing, Y/n?" He asked quietly.

"I'm going home. Somewhere my child and I won't be played with as if we are dolls." You replied, signaling everyone to ride on. "I'll catch up." You said. They all started riding off, only one guard staying a few feet away from you to keep you safe.

"Y/n, please. This is stupid. You are literally putting yourself and OUR child to danger." He said. "And I was not playing with you. I truly love you, Y/n. You're the only one I love and would stay with forever." He sighed.

"You love me? You lied to me!" You exclaimed, scoffing softly. You moved closer to him, holding onto the horse. "You lied to me saying I would get married to you. That woman had to come into the room to tell me instead! When were you planning to tell me?!" You exclaimed again.

"I was going to tell you! But I just couldn't find the right time. We were both so happy after knowing we would be parents I just couldn't bear to see you like this." He replied. You could see tears grow in his eyes, shining due to the sun.

"You lied." You whispered. "There was a change of plans. My mother arranged this because she knew people would criticize me if I got married to you." He said quickly. Your face slowly relaxed at his words, feeling your heartbreaking slowly and your chest tightening.

"So you thought it as well. You knew it was going to look bad if you married some village girl who was brought up to court lady by your father." You said, letting out a soft 'tch'. You looked down at your hands, holding the reins of the horse.

A small drop of water fell on your right hand, trickling down to your gown. "Y/n..." Jungkook trailed off. You looked up at him, your eyes narrowed. "You did, didn't you? It's always your mother behind everything but you also side with her."

"Yes, I did! Because I care about how people see me on the throne! I don't want people to think I am soft-hearted and a bastard for marrying some village, poor girl who only can cook and clean!" He spat.

Your eyes went back to their normal size at his words while his eyes widened at the words that left his lips. "No, wait..." "Leave, Jungkook. And never, EVER, come looking for me." You said. After harshly moving the reins, your horse started galloping towards your group, leaving Jungkook behind.

His words repeated in your mind, your tears flying down your cheeks because of the speed you were galloping in. You couldn't believe he would actually say this to you, your biggest fear coming true.

He called you the things you hated most.