Chapter Three

Hope POV:

"Hope Mikaelson to my office, now," Alaric said over the intercom. I quickly grabbed my things from class and headed towards Alaric's office. I knock on the door to hear a "Come in" and say "Hey, what's up?" It's been about an hour since the whole Penelope accident so I have calmed down some but I am still a little bit on edge. "New monster, a Chimera, fire breathing hybrid lion over by the garden," I nod as Alaric grabs his crossbow. "Ready to kick some monster butt?" Alaric looks over "You have no idea," I say as we head out to the garden.

Josie POV-

Hope left to go see my dad during our class about two hours ago but she wasn't back yet for our last class of the day. When class was over, I headed to my dad's office to find no one inside. I headed to the cafeteria to see if either of them was there for dinner. No luck. "Hey Jo, coming to eat?" Lizzie asked as I stood in the doorway of the cafeteria. "No, I am just looking for dad and Hope." I kept scanning faces in the cafeteria. "Why are you looking for them?" "Hope left during class to see dad and I can't find them," I think Lizzie could see I looked worried. "Here, Ill help you look for them." We check out back by the Old Mill and find nothing. We begin to walk around to the front of the school by the garden when we hear a loud roar and see a fire breathing lion.

"No way, is that a chimera? We read about them in our mythology books when we were younger, Jo!" Lizzie looks excited at seeing one. "But why is it here, Liz?" They both continue to walk forward when they see an arrow shoot forward into the chimera. It doesn't do a thing. Lizzie and I run the rest of the way over to see Hope with a torn up bloody shirt and dad walking with a limp.

"Nothing is working, Dr. Saltzman," Hope looks over and sees us and fear shoots across her face. "Get out of here, now!" Hope yells at us. "Dad, I know how to kill it," Lizzie yells. "We need a lead arrow to shoot into the throat, when it breathes fire the lead will melt killing it!" Lizzie looks proud of herself for remembering that information from reading it all those years ago. "What I was nerd for this kind of stuff," Josie places her hand on the schools wall to siphon some magic from it and grabs Lizzie's hand.

Hope POV-

I look back over to see Josie and Lizzie holding hands and reciting something under their breath. They manage to create a lead arrow and give it to Alaric to shoot with his crossbow. The chimera looks over at the twins and appears to be drawn to the magic they are using. It lunges towards the twins and before I know it, I transform into my wolf midair and collide with it and its' fire. I yelp in pain loudly at the burns I just received. Alaric finally has the crossbow ready and shoots the chimera in the throat. It screams in pain shooting fire from its mouth melting the lead and killing itself.

"Hope!" Josie runs over to me. I am still wolfed out. I continue to whimper. "We need to get her to the infirmary now," Alaric says. He calls MG to come out and help him carry me.

Josie POV-

The nurses put Hope under to lessen her pain while she heals. They said she should be fine within a couple of days but the burns were severe. She finally transformed back into a human after about 24 hours but remained unconscious. They stopped the medicine that was keeping her under so the doctors were just waiting for her to wake up herself. I couldn't leave her side not when she has protected me not once, not twice, but now three times.

"Hey Jo, I brought you some lunch," Lizzie's eyes looked at me with concern. It has been about 36 hours since Hope was attacked and I haven't left her side once. "How is she doing?" referencing Hope. "She transformed back into a human but she is still healing." My eyes are a little teary. Lizzie sits down next to me giving me a hug. "She's going to be okay," Lizzie finally lets go and looks at me. "But, do you want to tell me what is going on with you two?" Lizzie chuckles and looks down at Josie's hand that was holding onto Hope. "Nothing is going on," Josie looks to the ground. "Uh huh, sure Jo," Lizzie gives me one more hug before leaving saying that she'll bring dinner by later.

I ate dinner and was talking to Hope who was still unconscious before falling asleep. "Please wake up, Hope." I look at the slow rise and fall of her chest as she slept. "Why do you keep saving me, running to my rescue," I trail off talking to myself. "I know you can't hear me but I've had the biggest crush on you since we were little, Hope, please you've got to wake up." My eyes were teary again. "I miss you," I laid my head down for the second night on Hope's bed and held onto her hand as I fell asleep.