Chapter Sixty-Five

Hope POV-
Josie's body goes limp threatening to crumble to the floor as I catch her. I carefully sit down and place her head in my lap. Now, I just have to sit and wait for her to wake up. I stay there lightly running my fingers along her cheek until I feel the beating of Josie's heart come back to my bracelet. Her eyes shoot open as she takes in a deep breath of air.
"Hope," Josie reaches her hand up, grabbing ahold of my hand. "Hey Jo, how are you feeling?" I haven't truly experienced the stinging, burning sensation in my throat in a while since I learned how to control it but I can feel it from the bond. Josie reaches up with her other hand and rubs at her neck. She sits up. "I'll grab you a blood bag, Jo." I stand up and walk over to the fridge. Josie's eyes stay on me the entire time. "Here," I hand her the bag as she rips off the cap and places it into her mouth. Her eyes ripple and turn black.
When she finishes the bag, she turns to look at me. She blinks a couple of times before her eyes turn back to brown. Josie rushes forward jumping into me. She wraps her arms around my neck. I try not to ruin the moment but breathing is getting harder with how strong Josie is holding onto my neck. "Hey, uh, Jo, can't, breathe." Josie lets go quickly and pulls back her arms. "Oh my god, are you okay?" Her face is filled with concern. "Yeah babe, you just are a lot stronger now than before so keep that in mind. Remember? I ripped off a couple of doors with the new strength when I turned." She nods her head. Josie stands there for a second before looking down to her hands. She closes her eyes and I can tell she is trying to concentrate. Her hands begin to glow red. "Hope, I did it. I siphoned from myself." I can feel how excited she is. She is radiating.
I extend my hand to her. "Want to go test a couple of things out?" She nods her head and carefully places her hand in mine. I grab my car keys off the counter. "Now Jo, don't rip off my car door." I shoot her a serious look as we both laugh. She carefully opens the door and slides into my car. I start the drive to school.
"Hope, what is that sound?" The radio is off and the windows are rolled up but I can hear what she means. I focus in on it. "Car engine I think. You'll learn to tune stuff out eventually." Josie nods her head. I know it's irritating her. We park in the faculty school parking lot and get out of the car. I grab Josie's hand and guide her out to the open field like she did with me all those months ago. I stop walking and take a step back. "Okay Jo, run."
Josie POV-
Hope walks me out to the open field behind the school. "Okay Jo, run." She is doing the exact same thing with me as I did with her when she turned. I turn around with my back to Hope and can see the tree line maybe  two football field lengths away. I take one step forward and blink. When I turn around Hope is far away. I speak to her in my head so I don't have to yell. "This is amazing, Hope." I can see her nod her head, a huge smile forming on her face. I lean forward and begin to run back when I get stopped midway.
Blood. I can smell it from here. My eyes begin to ripple. My throat begins to scream at me. "Josie," Hope vamps over to me and places both of her hands on the sides of my shoulders. "Look at me." I know she can feel it too. I bet I could push Hope over and make it to the school before she can even react. As soon as I step forward to run, Hope jumps towards me and wraps her arms around me with enough force that she pushes both of us down to the ground. "Hope, let me go!" I might have vampire strength now, but she has the combined strength of a vampire and werewolf. "Not until your eyes change back. Some kid just sliced his finger in the kitchen that is it. Concentrate on me." Hope has me pinned in the grass. I try to push against her but I have no leverage. I swallow hard and close my eyes willing them to go back to brown. I blink a couple of times. "There's my wife's beautiful eyes." Hope loosens her grip and lets me sit up.
She pulls me into her both of us just sitting in the middle of the empty field. I let out a small sigh. "So that's what you meant by blood lust." Hope places her head on top of mine wrapping her arms tight around me. I can feel every single part of Hope's body that is touching me. It is calming. "Hope, what about our boys? I can't do this around them." The gnawing in my throat is still there but not as bad as before. "We can do blood training tomorrow and Sunday before we pick them back up from your parents." I nod my head. "This is why we planned for your parents to take them all weekend so you can have some adjustment time. You also will need to learn how to control the hypersensitivity." We sit in silence just staring at the open field and the starry sky.
"Tell me what you can see, feel, hear." I close my eyes to focus. "The wind whipping through the trees behind us. I can hear a couple of kids moving around the school hallways. And there is a bug somewhere that won't shut up." I grit my teeth. Normally, stuff like this wouldn't irritate me this much, but I feel like I have less control of my emotions right now. "Jo, release the breath of air you are holding." I sigh. Hope leans in to whisper in my ear. "You are feeling all of your emotions very strongly right now. Take a deep breath. You are okay." I can feel her breathing lightly on my neck. The sound of Hope's voice in my ear though makes my heart speed up. I know she can feel it too. I lean my head back so I can look at her. "Is everything heightened?" A smirk crosses my face. My emotions are all over the place. First, I feel frustration and anger then sadness but now, now I just want to take Hope right here in this field.
Hope nods her head. I stand up suddenly and grab her hand. I start dragging her back to the car. "Babe, where are we going?" I don't say anything. We get back to the car and I turn to Hope. "Home. Time for Round 2."