Chapter Forty-Two

Josie POV-

I fell asleep on Hope listening to our playlist. A little while later I hear Hope in my head. "Hey babe, wake up, your mom is here," I start to open my eyes yawning as I do. I look over and see Mom. "Hey honey, how are you doing?" She has the biggest smile on her face. She's sitting on the edge of our bed. "I'm doing good just enjoyed a nap on Hope." Mom laughs. "I'm glad you guys made up."

I sit up and Hope leans her head on my waist. Before mom starts talking I hear her in my head. "I don't know what she is about to talk about but babe, come to me okay?" Hope looks up at me shooting me a serious look. "I will." We both look to Mom who is politely waiting for us to finish our silent conversation.

"I have found a loophole for the merge," Mom pauses, "You or your sister has to become a heretic using Hope's blood or the blood of a normal vampire to become a vampire. Essentially, Hope's blood will enable you to keep you powers as a siphoner and then you become a vampire. Or you can take normal vampire blood and lose your abilities as a siphoner. We also don't know what this will do to your bond but potentially Hope might inherit your abilities as a siphoner if you go that route." We both nod our heads in understanding.

Hope asks Mom what I was thinking, "Why aren't you talking to Lizzie about this too?" Mom nods her head acknowledging the question. "If this is the route we go, it is giving you immortality. Hope, I know you haven't activated your vampire side but this could enable you to have eternity together, and you guys are engaged already. Lizzie has not settled on any single individual. If she decides in the future that she wants to become a vampire, that will be her choice to forgo the Gemini Coven powers she will receive if Josie changes." I look down at Hope trying to gauge how she is feeling about this. Mom keeps talking.

"The last thing I want to add is, you can't have kids," she looks to Hope, "when you have activated your vampire side," she looks to me, "or when you have become a vampire. So, it also might want to be discussed between the two of you considering the fact that Josie would need to turn before she turns 22 and she is 18 right now." I nod my head at Mom. We sit in silence for a second before Mom stands up. "I will leave you two to discuss. I'll be staying here for the rest of the summer as well. So, if you need anything, either of you, come talk to me." With that Mom leaves the room.

I place my hand on Hope's head running my fingers through her hair. "What are you thinking about, Hope?" She looks up at me with a huge smile on her face. "We literally can have our eternity, babe, we can have everything that we want." She reaches over grabbing my left hand and interlocking it. I lean down and kiss her head. "Yes, we can," my head is spinning. We could get our forever.

Hope POV-

I am so happy. This is the news we needed. "So, I assume you would want to use my blood so you can keep your witch powers?" Josie nods her head. "You just want to be able to siphon." Josie laughs. "Maybe, I mean you have some of my super healing now. It's called sharing, babe," I bury my face into her side again giggling. "So, would I be able to siphon my vampire side for magic?" She looks down at me still running her hands through my hair. I know she is looking for an answer, it isn't a rhetoric question, "I'm not sure. I bet it's possible."

We both seem to be avoiding the next conversation. "I guess we need to talk about kids." I look up at Josie. She looks like she is afraid I will bolt from this conversation. "Hey, I'm here for the long run. I'm not going anywhere. I always thought we would have kids though somewhere down along the line." Josie nods her head. "How would we have kids though?" This is the part she didn't like thinking about. I know she wants kids of her own. It is just a little harder for us. "Well, Aunt Freya and Keelin did it. They have new technology where they can combine the DNA from both of our eggs then they implant them in one of us. I actually talked to her about it a while ago because I was curious." She stops running her hand through my hair for a second.

"So, we can have kids that are from both of us?" I nod my head and she continues. "So, if I have kids first sometime in the next four years then we can turn me. Your timeline isn't as rushed though. You could have some after me though? I just don't know how many you want." Josie trails off. I know she is trying not to make me feel like I am being forced into this. "I've always imagined us having three kids, Jo. Living the typical life but if they are supernatural sending them here to the Salvatore School. Who knows maybe I'll become the headmaster after your Dad quits." I smirk at Josie as she leans down to kiss me. We separate before we both get too heated sadly but I am currently crippled in a sling. Only for a couple more days probably. Josie slides down into my bed and lays down on me again, "I love our future life."