Chapter Forty-Eight

Josie POV-
Dad links his arm in mine. Lizzie should already be up there and Mom should be in her seat. Dad looks over at me and smiles. "Ready sweetie?" I nod my head and we start to walk forward.
Dad and I turn the corner. There is a lot to look at but the first thing I notice is Hope. She looks beautiful. She is standing with the officiant of our wedding and Lizzie. I can see a couple of tears in her eyes. I hear Hope in my head as Dad and I are walking down the aisle. "Babe, you are stunning." I didn't think it was possible for my face to get any redder but it did. "Hope, have you looked in a mirror?" She winks at me.
Dad and I arrive at the front of the room. He gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before I walk up the couple of steps and place my hands in Hope's. The music stops and everyone sits down.
"Welcome friends and family. We are gathered here today to bear witness to the marriage of Josie Saltzman and Hope Mikaelson. I understand you prepared vows?" He looks to us both as we nod our heads. "Whoever wants to start may do so."
Hope POV-
Josie nods to me telling me to go first. I prepared these last week and Lizzie helped me tweak it. It made Lizzie cry. "Josie, I vow to be there for you, to support you, and to love you unconditionally for the rest of our life together. I chose you to be no one other than yourself, and I have been yours since the day I met you. My heart belongs to you. I will always and forever choose you every day for the rest of my life. I love you, Jo."
I see Josie's eyes get watery but she manages to hold it together. I can't say the same for Lizzie. She has tears rolling down her face behind Josie. She lets out a shaky breath before saying, "Okay, I should have gone first." This made the entire crowd laugh.
"Hope, I choose you. To always stand by your side and sleep in your arms. I want to learn and grow with you through anything that comes our way. I will always be here to listen and comfort you when needed. My heart has belonged to you since I first met you 13 years ago. I knew that one day I would marry you and here we are. You are the love of my life and I will always run with you. I love you, Hope." I am doing my best to keep it together but it is hard. I quickly wipe a tear from my eye as do many individuals in the crowd.
The officiant turns to Lizzie. "The rings?" She hands them to the officiant. He hands my ring to Josie and Josie's ring to me. "These rings are a symbol of your promise to one another." He turns to Josie. "Do you Josie Saltzman take Hope Mikaelson to be your wife for better or worse?" Josie looks to me. "Yes, I do." I place Josie's ring on her finger. "And do you Hope Mikaelson take Josie Saltzman to be your wife for better or worse?" I nod my head. "I do." Josie slides the ring onto my finger.
"By the power invested in me by the state of Virginia, I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss the bride." I quickly pull Josie into me wrapping my arms around her waist and kiss her, sparks flying. Everyone jumps up from their seats and cheers loudly. When Josie and I break apart we walk hand in hand down the aisle and out of the room.
Josie POV-
"You may kiss the bride." Hope pulls me into her quickly and kisses me. We have kissed thousands of times but this was different, it was better. Hope and I are now married. We walk hand in hand back down the aisle as everyone is hooting and hollering around us. When we finally make it through the doorway Hope picks me up spinning me around in her arms. "Babe, we're married." Hope kisses me again. After she pulls away I can't help but say, "I love you." Hope pulls me back into her for a hug. "I love you too."
Hope POV-
The main wedding ceremony is over but we have cars scheduled to take us and our guests to the reception. Josie and I stand near the entrance of the ballroom waiting for our guests to arrive. We end up standing there for about forty five minutes greeting everyone who comes in until all of our guests have arrived.
I walk with Josie over to the stage. Everyone immediately turns their attention to us. I have my arm wrapped around Josie's waist. "Friends and family, thank you for joining us today." Everyone begins to cheer loudly before I continue. "Food will be served soon and drinks are over there." I point to the side wall. "But until then," I turn to Josie extending my arm to her. "May I have this dance?"
Josie takes my hand and the DJ starts to play "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. I gave him an entire playlist to rotate through including songs from Josie's and my playlist we made a year ago titled "She's Mine". I lead Josie out to the middle of the floor and start dancing with her. She leans in close to me and gives me a kiss right as the song ends. Neither one of us able to stop smiling. Everyone else starts to move onto the dance floor next.
I knew what song was about to play next. We needed something more up beat. As soon as it starts Josie's face lights up. "Two kids with their hearts on fire who's gonna save us now." Josie was so excited. She was smiling so big. It is "Call You Mine" by Chainsmokers. She turns to look at me. "Did you do this?" I nod my head. "This was the first song we danced to two and a half years ago after I asked you to be my girlfriend." Josie practically jumps into my arms again as I spin her around. She places her mouth against my ear. "You are the best wife in the entire world." I set her back down before answering. "Now we just need to get our last names changed."