Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hope POV-

Alaric dropped Josie and I off at the airport about two hours before our flight. We make it through security in no time and grab seats by our gate. "Want anything?" I stand up and look down at Josie who is reading something on her phone. "Water, please?" I smile and walk off heading to the little shop that is still in her line of sight. I grab a water for Josie and a soda for me. As I walk up to the cashier, I spot some penguin gummies so I grab those too. "$7.50." I paid the cashier and walk back over to Josie. She is still reading something on her phone.
"Babe," I place my hand on her thigh which grabs her attention. "What are you reading?" Josie clicks off her phone and places her hand on top of mine. "Nothing important, Lizzie just keeps texting me. She just saw me three hours ago, but this is the first time we will be truly apart for an extended period of time." I squeeze her thigh sending chills up her back. "I brought the crystal so you can real life facetime her if you want while we are in New Orleans." Josie's face lights up at this. "Thank you," she leans up and pecks me on the cheek.

I reach into the grocery bag and hand Josie the water and the gummies. "Hope, where did you find these? They are so cute!" I love that penguin gummies get her all excited. I wonder what her reaction will be when I get on one knee. I need to stop thinking about it in case I on accident say something to her in my head. "I found them in the little store," Josie doesn't even wait to get on the plane before ripping open the bag.

The plane starts boarding and Josie sits in the window seat. I take the middle seat next to her. I grab her hand resting it on her leg. Josie puts in headphones and falls asleep with her head resting against the window. Her hand never lets go of mine, though. I can't help but look at my beautiful girlfriend sleeping for most of the flight. The pilot comes over the intercom about 30 minutes before we are set to land, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are getting ready to start the descent into New Orleans. It is currently 42 degrees. On behalf of myself and the crew, thank you for flying with us." The microphone clicks off. I notice Josie starting to stir so I slowly begin to rub circles on her leg with my thumb, our hands still interlocked. Josie lifts her head off the window removing her hand from mine to rub her eyes. I put on the biggest pouty face ever to show her my disapproval of her letting go of my hand. Josie looks over confused. "What?" I look down at my now empty hand and back up to her. She places her hand back in mine. We get off the flight and head to baggage claim. Aunt Freya is there waiting for us. "Hey sweetie," Aunt Freya gives me a huge hug. She then turns to Josie, "Your turn, family hugs family." Josie has a huge smile on her face as she hugs Aunt Freya. "I am sure you both are tired so let's head to the house."

We arrive at the house after a short drive. Josie's mouth drops open as we pull in to the driveway. I hear her in my head, "Hope, you didn't tell me this was a mansion. This place is, wow," I can't help but laugh. Aunt Freya looks in the rearview mirror knowing we are communicating silently with each other. "Alright, Josie, I figured you would want to stay in Hope's room with her but if at any time you get tired of Hope, we have another room you can sleep in." Aunt Freya winks at Josie who starts giggling, "I think we will be okay, but thank you. If anything, Hope will be sleeping elsewhere." A small growl releases from my throat in response. Josie squeezes my hand and kisses my cheek. Aunt Freya laughs, "Yep, you will fit in well with this family."

Josie's mouth hangs open again when we step into the main area of the house. "This place is amazing." Josie slowly turns in place taking it all in. "Josie, the kitchen is over to the right and Hope's room is up the stairs and to the left. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Everyone else gets here tomorrow including Keelin and Nik." This makes me excited; I haven't seen Nik in months, and he is growing fast. I don't want to miss it. "Goodnight girls," Aunt Freya walks off headed towards her room.

I grab our suitcases and lead the way up the stairs to my room, Josie close on my heels. I open the door to see nothing has changed since I left. Josie instantly starts to move around the room looking at everything. "This room, it is so you." I laugh. "Well Jo, I hate to break it to you but this is my room." Josie walks over to me and lightly shoves my shoulder. I set our suitcases down and collapse onto the bed staring at the ceiling where I once shot a fireball on accident. The scorch mark still there on my ceiling.

I prop myself up on my forearms and watch as Josie checks out different parts of my room. I hop off the bed to get changed when I see Josie kneel down. She's looking at some of my old drawings. "Babe, we are going to be here two weeks, you have a lot of time to overanalyze my room in the coming days. But right now, I am exhausted, I did not sleep on the plane like someone I know." Josie stands back up and wraps her arms around my waist. "Bedtime already?" I nod my head. "Bedtime." We both change into sleep clothes and crawl under the covers. "Even your bedding screams 'Hope'." I turn over to see Josie closely inspecting the comforter. "You know what else screams my name?" Josie looks confused. "You." I get an instant reaction, "Hey! It doesn't happen every time!" I nod in agreement. "Yeah I know only happens if I do my job correctly." Josie pushes her head into my chest. "I don't like you," she mumbles into my neck. I turn off the light before wrapping my arms around her. "I love you too."