Chapter Six

Josie POV-

I wake up to see Hope's arm still draped over my stomach. I was on my back now and she was on her side. I look over to see her still asleep. She starts to twitch a little and lets out a couple of whimpers. "Hope, wake up," I lightly try to shake her arm. She sits up quickly in the bed gasping for air. "Hope, hey, look at me," Hope turns her head and I see her golden wolf eyes. I sit up and wrap my arms around her whispering in her ear, "It's okay, I am right here, you're okay," repeatedly. Finally, she blinks away her wolf eyes to show me her gorgeous blue eyes again.

"How often does that happen?" I know she can see the concern on my face. Hope lays back down on the bed and I lay down with my head on her stomach slowly rubbing circles on her arm. "Often, makes it hard for me to get decent sleep," she sighs then adds after a couple of seconds, "Thank you for calming me down." I look up at her as she looks back down at me, "Always." I grab her hand and we sit there for what feels like forever as she plays with my fingers.

Hope's phone buzzes once, "Don't worry about it, I don't want to leave this bed." I smile up at Hope as she gives my forehead a kiss but we are interrupted by her phone buzzing again. "Just check it, Hope." She makes a very dramatic motion to grab the phone off the side table without removing her hand from mine. "I have one text from Lizzie that says, 'My turn to have Josie time.' And another text from your dad 'Training today, 11?'."

Hope POV-

"We are being summoned, so you go find your sister and I'll go train with your dad." Josie hugs me tighter and gives me a super pouty face. "5 more minutes." She buries her head into my side and I just laugh. I reach down to her sides and begin poking her incessantly. "Hope, stop, I, ahh, Hope!" Josie jumps back to the other side of the bed giving me a chance to slip away. "I don't have the will power to leave if you're laying on me," Josie crawls across the bed and stands up in front of me placing her hands around my waist. "I know something else that would distract you more," she winks at me before turning around, going to the bathroom, and shutting the door. I can't help but think that I am in for a world of hurt because Josie Saltzman is going to kill me.

A couple minutes later, Josie opens the door a couple inches, "Can I keep this hoodie for the day?" I look at her smiling face and can't resist. "Yeah Jo, take it." She comes out of the bathroom and gives me a hug and a quick kiss on the lips before heading for the door. "Good luck at training, I'll see you later today," and with that Josie leaves towards her and her sister's room.

Josie POV-

I make it back to my room and am greeted by Lizzie who is waiting for me to spill the news. "So, a sleepover, I see. How did it go? Tell me everything!" she hesitates, "Minus any mature content." Lizzie's face flushes. I begin to recount last night's events after collapsing on my bed with a huge smile on my face.

"You even have her hoodie on, it clearly was a good night," Lizzie is happy for me, I can see it on her face. It hurt her to see how upset Penelope made me when she broke up with me. "Well there is another party tonight if you and Hope want to come along," Lizzie smiles at Josie," I think MG is going to ask me to the fall dance tonight." I love how happy MG makes Lizzie. Finally, both of us are getting some well-deserved happiness.

Alaric POV-

"You seem pretty distracted today, how are your nightmares lately?" Hope clearly didn't like this question. "Manageable," Hope ducks as I swing for her head. "Want to tell me what they are about lately, because they had stopped to the best of my knowledge." I swiped her leg causing her to drop to the ground hard. "Nothing to concern yourself with," Hope grunts as she stands back up. "Emma is always available to talk if you want to." Hope manages to jump behind me finally gaining an edge and places me in a chokehold. I tap her arm to tell her to stop. "Thanks, Dr. Saltzman but I am good," Hope walks off back towards the school and I follow shortly after.

Hope POV-

I pull out my phone to text Josie. "Hey Jo, how is sister bonding going?" I step into the food line in the cafeteria and get some food before sitting down at one of the tables by the windows. My phone buzzes and I see it's Josie. "It is good, was just curious about my night." A huge smile breaks out on my face. Before I can respond another text pops up. "Party tonight at the Old Mill, want to go for a little bit?" I hesitate to answer. "I don't know Jo, parties aren't my scene." I feel bad knowing I am probably disappointing Josie if she really wants to go. "We can talk about it later, dinner at 6?" "See you then." I finish eating my lunch and walk back to my room to get caught up on my homework from this past week that I missed.

6 o'clock rolls around and there is a knock on my door. "it's open," Josie walks in and jumps into my lap. "Hey," she looks up into my eyes and I lean down to kiss her, a smile forming as we kiss. When she breaks away, she looks back up at me and grabs my hand. "We don't have to go tonight I just offered because Lizzie invited us to join her and MG." She looks a little nervous as I rub circles on her hand with my thumb. "On one condition," Josie laughs before trying to put a serious look on her face, "Hope Mikaelson this better be a clean comment." I laugh and peck her on the lips. "Just don't leave me alone tonight? Crowds overwhelm me and I just need someone to ground me with all the people around." I am not quite sure what to expect as a response but Josie pulls her hand from mine and gives me a huge hug. "Remember what you said this morning? You're stuck with me," she winks at me before grabbing my hand again. "Come on, let's go grab dinner."